Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?

Ozzy

Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth trading Justin Jefferson?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Robb_K said:

With our current GM, there's no guarantee The Vikings will pick the best QB, or, when trying to replace JJ, will pick a WR even good enough to be a #1 WR, even using a 1st Round choice.  

You can say this about any GM

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marshpit23 said:

Jefferson is not only one of the top 3 WR in the league (arguably the best), he’s the face of the franchise. He’s becoming leader on and off the field. There’s no way in heck I trade away JJ. 

yes. diva or not. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

yes. diva or not. lol

Yeah, his needle may be moving toward ‘diva’ status, but I sure enjoyed his feisty, passionate, competitiveness yesterday. I have  admiration for players that can will his/her teammates to win (MJ23, Mahomes, etc). Yes, there is a fine line to this as well. 

21 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

By this logic then why would a team give up a crazy amount for Jefferson?

If a team like the Chiefs could afford it, can you imagine. But why would the Vikes want a bunch of late first round pick? 

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Absolutely. JJ has a good head and heart for football. He wants to win.  But here's the thing.  He wants to win as a Viking!  I take him at his word...he wants to stay in Minnesota!

I think he’ll be content to play with whoever is willing to pay his asking price. Hopefully it’s Mn and hopefully the Vikes don’t drag their feet. 

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it's not. and it's fans' desire for drama and schism that thinks it is.

Apparently some have a far different definition of what a diva is than I do. Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and Stefon Diggs (after the Miracle) were divas.  JJ is the furthest thing from it.  He's more Calvin Johnson-esque than those guys. 

• Like 1

I cannot think of anything that would be worse for this franchise than to trade Justin Jefferson, who is entering his prime.

There is no doubt that losing JJ would make things significantly more difficult for Kirk, and whoever our new rookie QB is. 

Keeping Jefferson is a must, and I would seriously question this franchise's desire to win if we traded him. 

Edited by SkolMasterMN
  • Like 1