• ojabo edge
    • baker and $60M
    • bowles and baker
    • dt davis and g jarrett
    • vip view of the tetons
  3. 3. How excited are you for this?

• 10/10
    • Cautiously optimistic
    • I gotta baaaaad feeling about this (we can’t have good things)

12 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I'm so nervous about this game. I just have a bad feeling we're gonna lose. We can win, but will we? Maybe it's the years of trauma and misery, but I just can't feel confident that the Browns will win a game until I see them win the game.

I don't think we're supposed to be confident. It isn't like we are a powerhouse. We need to hope for a good game and that we come away with a win. For most teams that's playoff football.

We aren't worried about being embarrassed and that's the only time we should be really nervous. So lets just take this ride and see where it takes us.

AFCCG and SB are also times to be nervous because you are close at that point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hamstrings are death sentences for kickers. It’s literally the only part of the body that they use. It’s not like a WR who hurts their leg but can still catch the ball. They can’t play unless they’re 100%. There’s such a small margin of error at that position. 

Yeah a lot of strain goes through the hamstrings of Kickers and punters with the extension of the hamstring required and in an explosive way. They really need to be 100% healthy from this type of injury to come back or they will just blow it out

Edited by hornbybrown

Yes I certainly would rather have DHop kicking for us on Saturday. Dude has been MONEY.

But Hornby's point is spot on - unless a kicker's hammy is 100% healed, there is  a grave chance for reinjury that puts you further back than where you started from.

Injuries bite the big one - but they are what they are.

But on that note, in light of this news - AB was able to successfully pivot to Riley Patterson. So far so good. Andrew is kinda good at GM'ing.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I really hope the injury doesnt effect his ability too much. We need our good players to be good in the playoffs. Seems like we have 5 starters nursing injuries and are about to play through them (besides hopkins) lol

Coop/Joel/Delpit/Ogbo/Hopkins all all like....75%. Better than not playing I guess. Break out the Toradol baby lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

This should be a battle of two identities.

The Texans have a strong offense, particularly passing offense.

The Browns have a strong defense, particularly passing defense. 

Also, the Browns have scored more points than the Texans and the Texans have given up less points than the Browns. So, there is a chance I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The Browns did crush the rest of the league in fair catches. I think we all know what that means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That is a crazy stat. 

Yeah, it's close both ways and we gave up a lot of pick/fumble 6's and gave our defense terrible field position many many times with turnovers to skew the stat a bit but it's still surprising.

Texans made huge strides on both sides of the ball this year. We made huge strides on defense (I point to coaching even though Joe Woods' Saints defense gave up less points than us...see above for the disclaimer) and our defense became our identity. We needed that identity after Chubb went down because he was previously our identity.

Flacco has given the offense life. We are still turning it over at the same rate but scoring more and taking a lot less sacks (somehow).

I'm surprised we are road favorites, I figured it would be about even and probably should be Texans -1 or -2 at home but the bad Texans teams were just prior to this season and the Browns have been middle of the pack for a few years.

22 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yes one of my excellent picks.

we are going to need every db we can get

Stoudt performed at a above average QB level

this means that on paper we may surrender 30 plus points with Delpit playing.