Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

55 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There is no such thing.  You cannot use chatGPT to do research because it does not analyze data, does not understand or care about how ideas relate to each other, it simply gives you text that realistically seems like an answer that a real person might give to the answer, but there is no reason to believe that what it tells you is true or at least based on any actual information.  You should always understand that chatGPT does not (and cannot) understand what the hell it is talking about.

one can leverage writing their own GPT to perform suitable tasks of this nature.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

one can leverage writing their own GPT to perform suitable tasks of this nature.

Sure, it can rewrite what you said, but it will also sometimes change the truth value of statements since those are often the same words (plus or minus a "not" here or there).  It doesn't understand this is bad because the algorithm has no sense of "truth value."

Literally any method for processing data is preferable to an LLM.

I do gotta say, while I love the dates we have scheduled for pretty much all our opponents (though Miami on Thanksgiving is a little weird), the league did the worst job I have ever seen in picking our prime time games.  Ridiculous and awful at it.

Maybe I'm a little overworked about it, but I have never ever seen all our prime time games outside of opening week bunched up like that in 4 weeks.  That's a new one for me.

Now picking Detroit as one of those prime time games obviously was a no brainer and I knew it would happen.  The Dolphins game .... well wouldn't have been my top choice but I had a feeling it would probably make the Thursday cut.

Now the 2 games that definitely should be on prime time that aren't:

The Texans game: two hot new QBs taking over the big game and both teams with huge expectations on the year ... JFC how do you not put that one on prime time?  Holy **** NBC, ESPN and the league are so stupid not to want it.

The 49ers game: now who knows, maybe FOX just wanted this one so bad that they went all in to make sure they kept it.  But man, of all the games I thought would be top candidate for a prime time slot this was that one.

And the two games that really should not be on prime time:

The Saints: I get that last year's game against them was a nailbiter, this one might not be.  And in fact we haven't dominated these guys since that crazy 52-3 win in 2005.  I don't think we win by that margin or anything, but still get this feeling that this is a game we win in a pretty one-sided fashion.

The Seahawks: I might be underselling them but most power rankings I've seen out there for them don't have a very good outlook for them this year.  This just doesn't feel like the right game to feature on Sunday night even if they are wearing those crazy fluorescent unis.

I just think someone needs to send the league and TV networks the memo that those good old days with high octane shootouts between Rodgers and Brees, and Russell Wilson doing the scramble drill with Pete Carroll getting animated on the sidelines are over.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Sure, it can rewrite what you said, but it will also sometimes change the truth value of statements since those are often the same words (plus or minus a "not" here or there).  It doesn't understand this is bad because the algorithm has no sense of "truth value."

Chatgpt is really good at writing the code to organize data for analysis 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Interesting! No excuses, Super Bowl or bust. 

Advanced metrics prove the Packers landed a dream 2024 schedule (msn.com)

Yeah, this is the first year in a long time where I don’t really have a qualm about the schedule.  Would have liked to see another Dec Lambeau game but very happy we don’t have to go to Jax in Sep—seems like they always screw us with Fla games early.  Nice bye.  No long road stretches.  The stretch of nooners is weird but I really love it. 

18 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Maybe not really good.. better than an amateur though

Maybe Microsoft needs to use ChatGPT to write the sql queries they are generating from linq, because those scripts are serious crap.

...I was staring at Champions' Club seats for the Bears game today. Nearly gave my mother a heart attack just mentioning them.

I may regret not forking over the 5-6k needed to get them through Seatgeek...

44 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Calculating how many more days of rest we have compared to our opponents is definitely not an advanced metric. Same goes for traveling miles.

Yeah, pretty straight forward and one thing I check out as we play an opponent, especially the tougher ones. 9ers have it brutal this year facing 4 teams coming off of their bye (not GB, though). 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Maybe Microsoft needs to use ChatGPT to write the sql queries they are generating from linq, because those scripts are serious crap.

Gargbage in garbage out thats what i always say

On 5/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

You gotta go big picture. Things LLM's are really good at right now: writing cover letters, writing high school book reports, writing, well, anything that is boring af to write, because that's what most people are using them for. Those things are no less subjective (my word choice for the nuances of human cognition here)- than processing data (which is my "subjective" interpretation of what you mean here), possibly more so. I pretty adamantly disagree with your last sentence, the objectivity of LLM's will be very useful in terms of coding in the near future. Also, full disclosure, I love Nietzsche and think that the current concept of "truth value" is actually a perfect test case for the validity of Nietzsche's idea of truth, which makes him pretty prescient, given that he created a philosophical AI bot in Beyond Good and Evil in 1886.