Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You had your chance to do the GDT, you'll just have to wait until the end of next year to possibly have that title. 

He's not getting fired. Barring a 50-0 Bucs Shut out, so its still possible but doubtful. 

I think any Loss would have Sirianni gone, unless its a last second FG/TD then that may be a different story, But overall if the Team continues to play how they have been The whole coaching staff is gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is very debatable and it is kind of revisionist. Shane was awesome at sequencing plays and being unafraid of spamming the same play over and over if it was working. But there is plenty of games from last year showing that the blitz was already a problem and there was no hot routes. Look up the offensive all-22 from Johny Page on BGN from last year and you will see those flaws being called out. The Cardinals, Colts, Texans and Bears games come to mind. 

Hurts was certainly not killing defense against the blitz, but was more effective because he was more mobile and also defenses weren't dialing it every single third down like this year, because it is now super evident our problem with it. It is a combination of factors, mainly coaching but execution is no small part. 

As for your first sentence it was also the case last year, I remember we used to run a lot of two route concepts on max protect without any quick options.

They have always wanted the big play, because that is what either coaching, the FO or both have always wanted this team to be.  

The biggest difference between this and last year is we were much more willing to work the intermediate parts of the field last year and we ran a lot of RPOs. We don't run nearly as many of those this year and defenders are in conflict a lot less. We also just ran more slants last year vs the blitz. Our offense last year just made defenders think and slow down a lot more. This year they are just teeing off and coming downhill and we are getting killed because of it. Hot routes aren't necessary, but there has to be a better plan then "our guys are going to win one on one".

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The biggest difference between this and last year is we were much more willing to work the intermediate parts of the field last year and we ran a lot of RPOs. We don't run nearly as many of those this year and defenders are in conflict a lot less. We also just ran more slants last year vs the blitz. Our offense last year just made defenders think and slow down a lot more. This year they are just teeing off and coming downhill and we are getting killed because of it. Hot routes aren't necessary, but there has to be a better plan then "are guys are going to win one on one".

I would also add that Brian Johnson's biggest flaw is not "his system" but due to his inexperience he loses the thread/feel of the game as it goes on. His scripted plays look a lot like last year but when you get out of that you can see the drop off from Steichen's, which was the thing he excelled at. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would also add that Brian Johnson's biggest flaw is not "his system" but due to his inexperience he loses the thread/feel of the game as it goes on. His scripted plays look a lot like last year but when you get out of that you can see the drop off from Steichen's, which was the thing he excelled at. 

I think it is both but ya you are not wrong. I think our offense was much more like a WCO last year and our offense this year feels a lot like a college air raid system. BJ just hasn't consistently called the right plays at the right time though ya. He also has not stuck to the run nearly enough.

• Like 1

I know all the things that can go wrong. What are some things we can do to right this ship? Can we go back to a similar approach to when Sirriani's first year started bad and we just went heavy heavy ground and pound? Keep the ball away from the opposing QBs/Offense. 

Or is Nick gonna keep jamming the triangle into the oval hole? 

33 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I know all the things that can go wrong. What are some things we can do to right this ship? Can we go back to a similar approach to when Sirriani's first year started bad and we just went heavy heavy ground and pound? Keep the ball away from the opposing QBs/Offense. 

Or is Nick gonna keep jamming the triangle into the oval hole? 

Tbh I can't see why they wouldn't just start running heavy RPOs and runs from under center. This offense has literally the same players as last year plus what like OZ and julio? Can't tell me the team just forgot how to run that kind of system. Can't tell me that offense got figured out and won't work either because we just watched gardner minshew RPO his way to nearly 10 wins in essentially the same offense as the eagles had last year.

Defense is unfixable though. Only thing they can improve on is tackling so they give up 28 points instead of 35.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

Tbh I can't see why they wouldn't just start running heavy RPOs and runs from under center. This offense has literally the same players as last year plus what like OZ and julio? Can't tell me the team just forgot how to run that kind of system. Can't tell me that offense got figured out and won't work either because we just watched gardner minshew RPO his way to nearly 10 wins in essentially the same offense as the eagles had last year.

Defense is unfixable though. Only thing they can improve on is tackling so they give up 28 points instead of 35.

That's a great plan. Hopefully they just turn to the run game and rpos. Here's to hoping they do this

Yeah the defense is just completely broken it seems. Very unfortunate because there's a lot of talent there but we need a new coach and scheme to fix it 

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If what Goedert said is actually true then it's a product of going thru the motions. You'll get those kinda results if you're going thru the motions. Well find out on Monday

I honestly really didn't like that quote. That's such an indictment on how they are being coached.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If what Goedert said is actually true then it's a product of going thru the motions. You'll get those kinda results if you're going thru the motions. Well find out on Monday

There hasn't been enough evidence already? 

26 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

What did Goedert say that is giving people hope now?

No clue but I don't care what they say. Folk were talking about AJ's pressure was going to turn things around. They just trying to convince themselves at this point. 

They are more talented than the Bucs. They SHOULD win this game. I just want it to be a good win. Not them barely scoring points and barely squeaking by.