Wild Card Round GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

I honestly really didn't like that quote. That's such an indictment on how they are being coached.

I mean I didn't love it but could hold some truth

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

There hasn't been enough evidence already? 

What I believe is happening is perhaps they just ran out of gas. This is why it's very difficult to go far the year after a SB appearance. Not many teams have been able to do it. They usually flame out completely. At least we're getting another shot in the playoffs. Hoping to be dead wrong

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

What did Goedert say that is giving people hope now?

Not word for word but he said he thinks everyone checked out after we locked up the playoff spot. Going thru the motions this past month and a half. I'm sure you can find it with a quick Google search

“I just know everybody in this locker room is ready to go to work for the playoffs,” Goedert said. “Ever since 4 or 5 weeks ago when we clinched the playoffs, I think everybody has just been waiting for the playoffs. 

Not something that is a great thing, but I think everybody is going to be ready to go and I think we’re going to show the world what we’re capable of.”

There ya go

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/dallas-goedert-theory-on-eagles-collapse-is-as-good-as-any/556976/%3famp=1

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

23 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not word for word but he said he thinks everyone checked out after we locked up the playoff spot. Going thru the motions this past month and a half. I'm sure you can find it with a quick Google search

“I just know everybody in this locker room is ready to go to work for the playoffs,” Goedert said. “Ever since 4 or 5 weeks ago when we clinched the playoffs, I think everybody has just been waiting for the playoffs. 

Not something that is a great thing, but I think everybody is going to be ready to go and I think we’re going to show the world what we’re capable of.”

There ya go

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/dallas-goedert-theory-on-eagles-collapse-is-as-good-as-any/556976/%3famp=1

I mean this is clear as day nonsense and just PR talk coming from a player with a mic in his face. Even if they beat Tampa Bay none of what he is saying makes any sense.

But lets dive deep into the rabbit hole and i'll play along. If this team really checked out 4 to 5 weeks ago and willingly gave up the #1 or #2 seed and division title because they simply clinched a playoff spot....If we're to believe they lost 5 of the last 6 games because they had their mind on the playoffs....we're in much more trouble than we thought lol. Culture be dammed.

Can't win unless you're in. Doesn't matter how, they're in!! Is it unlikely they make a SB run given thier complete lack of defense,  their complete lack of offensive continuity,  absolutely. 

Can't win unless you're in still applies. Until they don't win. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It is going to be funny after we win this game watching you all go bat **** crazy. 🍺

Way more likely that you pound your chest that they beat a mediocre team or MIA if they lose than anybody will freak out about beating the Buccs. Beating the Buccs does nothing for me except give us worse draft position. Unless the team looks completely different and they beat the Buccs like 42-10 then perhaps people might change their outlook but who actually believes that's going to happen. Why would anybody go bats*** crazy about winning a wildcard game that we are favored to win?

Edited by Folesadelphia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I mean this is clear as day nonsense and just PR talk coming from a player with a mic in his face. Even if they beat Tampa Bay none of what he is saying makes any sense.

But lets dive deep into the rabbit hole and i'll play along. If this team really checked out 4 to 5 weeks ago and willingly gave up the #1 or #2 seed and division title because they simply clinched a playoff spot....If we're to believe they lost 5 of the last 6 games because they had their mind on the playoffs....we're in much more trouble than we thought lol. Culture be dammed.

I can't say one way or another. We're not in the locker room. We'll see soon enough Monday night. Goedert would know better then mostly everyone else. 

If they go on a great run then we get enjoyment .. if they fail then we at least seen it coming and shouldn't hurt as bad. Win win in my book. 

Best case we win it all.

Worst case but could be also great we lose and we get all the changes that we need to fix this. 

Just enjoy either ride. Go EAGLES

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feels like a waste of a year with how much talent, especially offensively, we have.

That on Sirianni and the coaching staff… We need a new OC next season. The play calling took a huge step back. We didn’t run the ball, even though that’s what we do best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Y’all had a beastly OL this year (and many years prior). Everyone wants to talk about Dallas, but I’d say Philly has been right there or above us for a good part of the last decade.

• Like 1