NFC Wild Card Monday Night: Philadelphia (5) @ Tampa Bay (4)

NFC Wild Card Monday Night: Philadelphia (5) @ Tampa Bay (4)  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is winning Wild Card Monday Night

• Eagles
    • Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2024 at 01:15 AM

Just now, WheatieMan said:

Very tough call Lurie has here. But the opening quarter was so bad and nothing really changed offensively, except injury. 

Belichick HAS to get an inquiry.

I can't see Belichick in Philly. Way too many cooks in the kitchen there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

the thought process is that, using history as a guide, it turns out it's more advantageous to go for it on 4th down a lot more than teams used to do

It feels like 15-20 years ago most coaches didn't even go for it on 4th & 1 on the opponents side of the field. Feel like that should be automatic go except for special situations (EG down by 2 or less late in the game and in easy FG range)

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

the thought process is that, using history as a guide, it turns out it's more advantageous to go for it on 4th down a lot more than teams used to do

I'm curious to see as this trend continues, how much that pendulum comes back around.  Like, how much of the success of 4th down conversions historically, was due to the situation specificity and relative rarity of "going for it".  Whereas it's becoming so commonplace these days, teams are far less discriminating in how their offense is currently rolling when they do it, and defenses are more prepared for it because it's a situation much more likely to come up.

Not sure what the evaluation period will look like, before it potentially swings back at the other way at least a little bit, as an adjustment.

• Like 1

I feel like in the past people just looked at the percentage of success vs. percentage of success. Nowadays analytics look at how valuable a play is towards a win rather than just how likely it is to be successful.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

Eagles weren’t hungry this year. I remember watching Kelce’s podcast and Jason said Travis told him “You won’t want to win the year after you lose the Super Bowl”, and then Jason said he knows what he means after he lost the Super Bowl. Putting all that effort again to come up short feels daunting. 

• Like 1