2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i always respect james’ analysis on this stuff though kafka tier 2 and slowik tier 4 are big curveballs to me. he also says in the replies that he’d put vrabel in tier 3/4 lol which i also found surprising- he never seemed like one of vrabel’s bigger critics.

This really threw me off in the replies. A rookie QB and WR, a third year receiver that averaged 500 yards in his first two seasons and two OL as the reasons for Houston’s success over Slowik is a bizarre take. Listing three young players that came in and had immediate success under him as a means to discredit him doesn’t really check out to me. You could just list talented players on any unit that we’re looking at coordinators from.

Before the season with Slowik, we all would’ve laughed at the idea of all of this offensive talent carrying them to the playoffs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This really threw me off in the replies. A rookie QB and WR, a third year receiver that averaged 500 yards in his first two seasons and two OL as the reasons for Houston’s success over Slowik is a bizarre take. Listing three young players that came in and had immediate success under him as a means to discredit him doesn’t really check out to me. You could just list talented players on any unit that we’re looking at coordinators from.

Before the season with Slowik, we all would’ve laughed at the idea of all of this offensive talent carrying them to the playoffs.

That's just how great Stroud is.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If the AAS knee-jerk reaction stuff is true expect us to hire the OC from whichever offense looks best in the post-season.

I don't believe it's true. 

I believe people are also treating this different because she is a woman. Which is whack to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

What is the knee jerk reaction stuff? I missed it I can't keep up with all the drama.

The narrative that Vrabel was fired because of the New England speech and losing to Houston. And Amy being emotional decision maker. 

Ignoring the countless evidence against him with the roster and resistance to embrace change. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1

If the Texans win I’m sure we’ll be out on Slowik. We’ve never been a franchise that likes to wait and I’m sure we’ll want the HC to start getting the ball rolling for staff and the offseason.  If Texans and Lions win I think we’ll end up goin Callahan. Idk if we we requested Frank Smith but if the Dolphins lose he probably becomes an option.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The narrative that Vrabel was fired because of the New England speech and losing to Houston. And Amy being emotional decision maker. 

Ignoring the countless evidence against him with the roster and resistance to embrace change. 

Yuck. That sounds whack.

Tbh my personal opinion from reading the tea leaves, it sounds like Vrabels involvement in the administrative side with roster moves caused this. BUT, I think the biggest thing I learned about the move is from some of the statements made by her and Ran about Levis and injuries. I really think they were super tired of injuries and the infrastructure that is being built around Levis. Seeing our QBs get injured basically 4-5 times with a calendar year and knowing what we have in a kid like Levis, it sounds like they want to build an amazing foundation around him. And concerns with Vrabels involvement in roster building and injuries, they are worried that could hurt the young prize.

today is just cementing my existing feeling that on a purely schematic level, slowik is the best pairing for levis. the offense has the same roots as the one levis ran in college and he'd fit like a glove. the caveats are we'll obviously need to infuse some talent to make it really work, and that there's more to being a head coach than that. and those are real concerns, but to me the primary issue is maximizing the QB situation to the greatest degree possible. everything else is secondary.

unfortunately, the hype around slowik is going to grow and we'll now have to wait at least an extra week to interview him. we'll see.

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This is pretty much what @-Hope- has been saying the past few days.

i am less and less convinced that "not ready" is a thing. you can be good or you can be bad. you can grow into the job or not. but i really don't know what counts as "not ready" besides a label that outside observers apply. 

• Like 1