Alabama HC Nick Saban retiring from coaching

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He can write his ticket to what he wants to do as far as TV involvement next season. As much or little as he wants, he could have a booth job wherever. If the rumors are true about his wife having some health issues, I hope he takes on a light workload and enjoys retirement.

Saban denied the rumors without addressing it directly, "I'm fine, Ms. Terry is fine" when he was asked about his health.

• Like 1

Career suicide for DeBoer. 

Saban was Alabama. Competing with Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, etc in the NIL era is not going to be easy. 

Dude had a chance to take Washington out of the Pac12 to a conference that cares about sports and Washington could've very easily become one of the Big10's best programs. Now he's settling for a few 3rd/4th place division finishes and a year or two in the booth as someone's analyst. 

Good chance he took Washington to the highest level he was ever going to take them. I certainly don’t fault him for taking the swing with the resources Alabama has. Big win for him for sure, even if it doesn’t work out at least he took that shot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Saban was Alabama. Competing with Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, etc in the NIL era is not going to be easy. 

Dude had a chance to take Washington out of the Pac12 to a conference that cares about sports and Washington could've very easily become one of the Big10's best programs. Now he's settling for a few 3rd/4th place division finishes and a year or two in the booth as someone's analyst. 

You don’t turn down Alabama when you’re in his position. He took Washington of all schools to a National Championship game. He cashed in. That’s what you’re supposed to do

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

DeBoer is a great coach. We'll see if he can sustain it, but I expect Bama does a lot of winning next year.