2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• GB
    • SF

I view this game similarly to the DAL game with a couple changes:

• Role reversal in recent post-season dominance. GB has owned DAL, SF has owned GB. How relevant this is is questionable.
  • SF, on paper, is a decently better team than DAL
  • GB's offense has taken another step to being the Greatest Show on Grass (this young offense is looking absolutely ridiculous now and going forward)
  • GB is on a short week (Saturday game) while SF got a lot of rest

Count me in the group that would expect SF to take 2/3 or 3/4 of the games. GB needs to strike lightning again. Joe Barry, weirdly, has more success against Shanny/McVay offenses (and good offenses in general). This was one of the worst regular season defenses, but they can be stout if we get pressure from 4. Expecting whoever lines up at RDE will be totally neutralized, so looking at KC, Wyatt, Brooks etc. to have a game inside if we have a chance of slowing down the Niners offense.

Feel like we're gonna need to score 32 points to win this one.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I view this game similarly to the DAL game with a couple changes:

• Role reversal in recent post-season dominance. GB has owned DAL, SF has owned GB. How relevant this is is questionable.
  • SF, on paper, is a decently better team than DAL
  • GB's offense has taken another step to being the Greatest Show on Grass (this young offense is looking absolutely ridiculous now and going forward)
  • GB is on a short week (Saturday game) while SF got a lot of rest

Count me in the group that would expect SF to take 2/3 or 3/4 of the games. GB needs to strike lightning again. Joe Barry, weirdly, has more success against Shanny/McVay offenses (and good offenses in general). This was one of the worst regular season defenses, but they can be stout if we get pressure from 4. Expecting whoever lines up at RDE will be totally neutralized, so looking at KC, Wyatt, Brooks etc. to have a game inside if we have a chance of slowing down the Niners offense.

Feel like we're gonna need to score 32 points to win this one.

So what you’re saying is that everything has to go right and everything has to go wrong? Reason why is because Barry worked under McVay. He knows all the ins and outs do the west cost variations they run. He’s been basically around it his whole coaching career.. Just wonder if they can continue to ball. If Jordan Loves comes out like he did against Dallas wow! You can pretty much book a ticket to the SB. That was unreal. Wonder if Jaire plays man or do they keep him in zone and one side of the field? I’ll put him strictly on Brandon. 

20 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

So what you’re saying is that everything has to go right and everything has to go wrong? Reason why is because Barry worked under McVay. He knows all the ins and outs do the west cost variations they run. He’s been basically around it his whole coaching career.. Just wonder if they can continue to ball. If Jordan Loves comes out like he did against Dallas wow! You can pretty much book a ticket to the SB. That was unreal. Wonder if Jaire plays man or do they keep him in zone and one side of the field? I’ll put him strictly on Brandon. 

we're just hoping Jaire plays

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

Jordan Love is breaking out thr dead dad card.. uh oh

Packers rolling into Levi’s.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1yP0QLI-bd/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

Honestly though if they beat yall! I’ll imagine they’ll cry. That’s a hump not even Rodgers could break thru. Imagine being denied and having your heart ripped out 4 times! And now the prodigal son returns to have his vengeance. Couldn’t be a better script. Niners have bullied those boys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

If you don't understand it, why would you call it dumb?

Seems weird to have an opinion about something you admittedly don't understand.

I’m talking about the “dead dad card” comment from the poster (I.e., not Love).

Coming from a guy who lost his dad at 21. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’m talking about the “dead dad card” comment from the poster (I.e., not Love).

Coming from a guy who lost his dad at 21. 

It was just a dumb joke, in bad taste and this isn't the place for it, I get it. We should just continue discussing the game

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1