Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Michael Pittman…we meet again.

He was my WR4 in 2020, behind Lamb/Jeudy/Jefferson. Loved him. With the guy that went one pick behind him (Tee Higgins) now being franchised, Pittman is now the top WR on the market — though I think there’s now a chance that IND will franchise him, given the cap number that just came out.

Spotrac says 4/$90M. I think folks would have been on board with Higgins at that price. My guess is folks will feel uncomfortable paying Pittman that much. 

Interestingly, they’re almost identical in receiving yards through 4 years: Higgins is at 3684 yards, Pittman is at 3662 yards. Higgins did it almost exclusively with Joe Burrow, though he had to share targets with Chase and Boyd. Pittman was pretty much IND’s only target for most of those years, resulting in a ton of targets, but he did it with Philip Rivers, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Sam Ehlinger, Nick Foles, Anthony Richardson, and Gardner Minshew.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He was my WR4 in 2020, behind Lamb/Jeudy/Jefferson. Loved him. With the guy that went one pick behind him (Tee Higgins) now being franchised, Pittman is now the top WR on the market — though I think there’s now a chance that IND will franchise him, given the cap number that just came out.

Spotrac says 4/$90M. I think folks would have been on board with Higgins at that price. My guess is folks will feel uncomfortable paying Pittman that much. 

Interestingly, they’re almost identical in receiving yards through 4 years: Higgins is at 3684 yards, Pittman is at 3662 yards. Higgins did it almost exclusively with Joe Burrow, though he had to share targets with Chase and Boyd. Pittman was pretty much IND’s only target for most of those years, resulting in a ton of targets, but he did it with Philip Rivers, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Sam Ehlinger, Nick Foles, Anthony Richardson, and Gardner Minshew.

I agree that most people would pay that 22m per for TH over MP. 
That’s why I would love to have Gabe Davis who has a projected market value of 13.5, 9 million less than MP. He has only 900 less yds but has 12 more tds. and did have JA as his QB but had to share targets with S. Diggs and D. Knox. 
Market Value is an estimate/guess and could change based on a teams need/evaluation. 

• Like 1

Tough one, pay $8 to $10 mil more for Pittman who is probably a #2 WR on our team after Terry, or sign Gabe Davis who is likely to continue to produce as he has the last few years as he was the Bills #2 Wr.

I lean towards Gabe Davis bc of the $ difference. Michael Pittman is not going to see the targets he saw in Indy if he comes here so, I don’t think that Pittman can live up to that contract should he sign in DC bc he’ll have to share targets with Terry, Jahan & Logan or whatever TE we sign if we want to upgrade  Logan.

I just stumbled upon another FA we should sign. Tyrell Dodson was a back up LB for years in Buffalo, but this year for 10 games he was called on to start. He finished with the best PFF grade of any LB in the NFL. 

He’ll be 26 in June. He started 10 games last year in Buffalo and finished the season with 74 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks & 6 QB hits.

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I just don’t see anyway the colts let him walk. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Star runningbacks Josh Jacobs, Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, Derrick Henry and Tony Pollard will NOT be franchise tagged, per @AdamSchefter 

One of these doesn't belong. 

On 2/23/2024 at 10:07 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Tom Pelissero 

The NFL announced today that the 2024 Salary Cap will be $255.4 million per club, with an additional $74 million per club payment for player benefits, which includes Performance Based Pay and benefits for retired players.

Current cap space after the increase to $255M (Over the Cap): Commanders: $87M Patriots: $83M Bears: $80M Titans: $78.6M Bengals: $72.8M Colts: $72M Texans: $67.5M Lions: $63.7M Cardinals: $55M Raiders: $48.6M Rams: $46M Buccaneers: $45.5M Panthers: $40M Falcons: $38.4M Vikings: $37.8M Giants: $32.8M Eagles: $32M Chiefs: $27.7M Jaguars: $24.7M Ravens: $18.5M Jets: $15M Seahawks: $13M Packers: $8.1M Steelers: $7.4M 49ers: $834K ——- Browns: -$6.2M Cowboys: -$8.1M Broncos: -$10.7 Chargers: -$22M Dolphins: -$38.5M Saints: -$40M Bills: -$41M

With the Salary Cap increasing this much we should really be thinking about holding onto players like Leno.  Current contracts will naturally be cheaper than new ones.  The market rate for all positions just went up relative to the salary cap increase, but existing contracts don't change.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

With the Salary Cap increasing this much we should really be thinking about holding onto players like Leno.  Current contracts will naturally be cheaper than new ones.  The market rate for all positions just went up relative to the salary cap increase, but existing contracts don't change.

It was an absolutely worst-case scenario increase for our situation.  

Shaq Barrett released by the Bucs.

If they can’t land one of these higher-end FA EDGE types, he’d probably be an interesting backup target for the Leo role. 

Pretty ho-hum sack rate and pressure rate last year, so maybe the 2022 Achilles injury sapped the juice that he once had. But he’s always been a good run defender for his size, so there might be a fit there if they want to bet on the legs coming back a bit with another year clear of the injury.