Dallas retaining HC Mike McCarthy

Forge

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Absolutely. Thank you for pointing that out. How come Tomlin gets no hate? Another absolute legend. Tomlin has done so much for Pittsburg, I’m surprised he resigning or being fired has been questioned. That man has never ever been below .500 no matter the roster. You keep those guys and you hang on to them! Only way you let go if he’s pried off your dead cold hands.. 

Eh?

I feel like Steelers fans have been calling for Tomlin's head for years now, at least a vocal subset of them.

Both are good coaches though whose strengths and flaws are well-documented at this point. There is little excuse for having his team so unprepared for a Packers team lucky to even be there, though. He didn't just lose, he was outcoached handily. Then again, to his credit,  his team never gave up on him either and fought hard until then end unlike Sirianni's Eagles...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jerry is obsessed with Yes Men. It's the ultimate reason it didn't work out with Jimmy, didn't work out with Bill and he had no problem wasting 9 years with Jason Garrett. 

None of that is true.

Jimmy quit because of burnout. Same with Bill. Garrett was kept too long for sure but that is because Jerry admitted to firing Gailey too soon.

• Like 1

I can see why he's doing this. The players are bought in they they feel the roster is very close, shaking up the entire coaching staff comes with new schemes, relationships, and more player turnover. Feel like when McCarthy goes, Dak goes with him. 2 more years?

• Like 1

It’s times like this that I question the hate for the Cowboys. I even question why Cowboys fans think that each year will be our year. We will be in the same spot next year, with the only difference being that MM was finally fired.

Jerry Jones has destroyed this franchise. 

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Absolutely knocked out the park. 12-5 the last 3 years. They’re so close to breaking thru. I’m glad Jerry didn’t listen to outside voice. Dak just threw for 400+ in the playoffs and absolutely showed he has what it takes. They showed toughness and mental fortitude. Looking forward to another phenomenal season by the Cowboys. Think they win 13-15 games next year, defense gets better with another year too. Cowboys are primed to take it all next year. They’ll reap the fruits of their labor next year mark my words. They do need another RB though.. 

Next Year for Da Boys!!!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Nonsense. Dallas is substantially more talented on the offensive side of the ball than Pittsburgh.

Well that's partially the fault of Tomlin if you want to actually evaluate Pittsburgh's team over the last like 5-6 years. However, McCarthy's playoff record is completely held up by Aaron Rodgers, but his ability to be a successful coach in multiple organizations is where I think McCarthy should have the edge over Tomlin.

Tomlin inherited a really freaking good team and 99% of his success came from that group of players. Since then, they've been nothing but mediocre at best.

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

None of that is true.

Jimmy quit because of burnout. Same with Bill. Garrett was kept too long for sure but that is because Jerry admitted to firing Gailey too soon.

Jimmy quit after a stint with Dolphins.  He wasn't burnt out when he left Dallas.  

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Jimmy quit after a stint with Dolphins.  He wasn't burnt out when he left Dallas.  

Jimmy himself has said he left because he never stayed in one spot more than five years. He wasn't going to stay in Dallas after that '93 season - now, did Jerry probably edge things along? More than likely, but he isn't solely to blame for Johnson's departure. 

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh?

I feel like Steelers fans have been calling for Tomlin's head for years now, at least a vocal subset of them.

Both are good coaches though whose strengths and flaws are well-documented at this point. There is little excuse for having his team so unprepared for a Packers team lucky to even be there, though. He didn't just lose, he was outcoached handily. Then again, to his credit,  his team never gave up on him either and fought hard until then end unlike Sirianni's Eagles...

Steelers nation fear failure so much they rather stick with a failing marriage. The wife won’t talk to me, the kids don’t love me, they do everything without me! And when I walk in the door they stop talking to me and look at me like they wished I was dead. But it’s ok, because I have something to come home too! I don’t love myself enough to want better. I’m ok accepting the minimum. that’s life.. I work extremely long hours to provide the things I ever had as a child! Even if dying every day. 

that’s the Steelers nation mentality sticking with Tomlin. You’re god dam right my boy! Tomlin is terrible. He’s don’t nothing without Bills roster. Any freaking coach would have won a Super Bowl with Big Ben, Troy and that monster defense. He hasn’t brought a player close to any of those guys and it’s been like 17 years. It’s time to let go. It’s time to move on and heal.