49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I think the really bad spot was on the 3rd down before that. It might not have crossed the line but we should have been much closer on 4th.  

Ah, look at the spot on the first down run by Jones. They marked him back almost a half a yard.  It should have been second and a half a yard and instead it became second and a FULL yard to go.  I started to think that instead of 1st and 10 when the Packers had the ball it always became 1st and 11 due to the consistently bad spots we were getting. That's a good defense we were going against, but the refs didn't need to make it harder for us.  But I have to say, despite what I thought were poor ball marks, we have to make that and we did not. We've had problems with that down and distance all year. The 49ers had a similar situation late in the 4th and they easily made it.

I heard 49ers fans complaining about the long pass interference call on the ball thrown to Melton. So I guess no one was thrilled with the refs.

6 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I heard 49ers fans complaining about the long pass interference call on the ball thrown to Melton. So I guess no one was thrilled with the refs

What was there to complain about with that call?   That was the easiest DPI call to make

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

4 years ago when Packers lost to 49ers in the playoffs, it felt like Packers didn't even belong in that game.

2 years ago, it felt like the end of an era.

This year feels like they're just getting started.

Agreed.  It's still a shame though.  There's usually a team that looks mediocre all season, only to put everything together just in time for a deep playoff run.  This year, it sure looked like GB was that team.  This one stings more than I would have expected.  It's now clear that GB wasn't overmatched vs SF nearly as badly as I had assumed.  The game kind of comes down to SF caught the two INT's that were thrown to them, while GB dropped both of theirs.  It sucks.

• Like 2

It’s so frustrating. When GB is a front-runner, I am certain they’re going to eff it up. When GB is an underdog, I’m hopeful they can win but never expect them to. 

I’ll never know what it’s like to be a fan that is confident in their team beating their opponent, crow about it online, and actually be right about it. Niners fans in my social sphere were insufferable all week and they ended up barely getting away with it. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably the most "likable" this Packers team has been in a LONG time.  3 picks inside the top 60, and 5 inside the top 100.  Time to build the rest of the foundation.

GET some safety help .. Owens and Savage were both atrocious today.  Don't care how it's done whether it's the draft, free agency or combo.  

15 hours ago, StatKing said:

Boomers tend to like silencing people with differing opinions.

Nope .. that's the "wokesters"  of now days.  Us Boomers just like to comment on those whose opinions are pointless with no facts or common sense.  

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

If Carson makes that FG, I bet SF goes for 2 and still wins by one..  Rookie kicker will have some growing pains…. His Brother did, Mason did….

No way SF goes for 2 at home, and with all the momentum. You usually go for 2 on the road or to steal the game if you can’t stop the other team.