49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

5 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I don’t like it, but if it has to happen, it better be the Barry we’ve gotten for the last month. Gute sprinkles in some more talent, MLF makes sure he’s calling the defense a little more aggressively. Nothing we can do to change it, if MLF insists on having him back. 

I think they need a complete culture change on the defensive side of the ball.  Slapping a bunch of lipstick on that pig isn't going to get us to where we want to be.  Soft defense needs to be rooted out of GB.  I want trained killers over there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This.  All damn day.  I was not pleased in the least when MLF decided not to take the 3 points in the 2nd quarter and instead decided to go for it.  Then our OL gets flattened.  In the end it came back to bite us in the rear.  🙁

It doesn't help when you have the worst QB sneaker in the NFL.   Goes too high, gets no leg drive, basically stands up and leans forward.  Next year, Derrick Henry goes through the line for 5 yards.😉

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

If Savage comes away with a pick 6 it sure as hell is.    If Nixon ends a drive with his INT.     Forcing Purdy under 59% for the game and putting him repeatedly on the ground.    

**** Barry though - he should have coached those guys to catch balls that hit them in the hands - that's on him for sure.

Fine line the NFL between moving on and going home.

Saying Barry did anything other than suck is not the way.  Stop it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they need a complete culture change on the defensive side of the ball.  Slapping a bunch of lipstick on that pig isn't going to get us to where we want to be.  Soft defense needs to be rooted out of GB.  I want trained killers over there.

Believe me, I completely agree 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

If Savage comes away with a pick 6 it sure as hell is.    If Nixon ends a drive with his INT.     Forcing Purdy under 59% for the game and putting him repeatedly on the ground.    

**** Barry though - he should have coached those guys to catch balls that hit them in the hands - that's on him for sure.

Fine line the NFL between moving on and going home.

Correct.  Those defensive plays aided in GB coming up short.  Barry is part of the defensive collective.  Generally it is easier to replace coaches vs players

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Last week, this team played loose, aggressive and with confidence.  Tonight they looked less confident - like the pressure was on them, or something.  Such a strange change from last week!

The 9ers are better than Dallas so that contributed to tonight's game.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This.

I really can't understand why some people just can't acknowledge reality. So emotionally tied to their opinion that they need to voraciously defend ANY crumb of information that doesn't support it. 

It's wild to me. 

I'd LOVE to upgrade the mentality of the defense this off-season. But let's not pretend that Joe Barry hasn't done a really nice job the end of the season with some really questionable talent in the secondary. Especially in the middle.

That's it.    I'm making no statements supporting Barry staying in GB and it's like any positive acknowledgement is going to jinx him staying so it has people up in arms arguing against ghosts.   

The D has played well the last few weeks.    Barry can move on now.    Those two statements are not mutually exclusive

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Packers Offseason Checklist

[ ] Extend Jordan Love
[ ] Fire Joe Barry
[ ] Release/Paycut David Bakhtiari
[ ] Extend Kenny Clark
[ ] Extend/Paycut Aaron Jones
[ ] Bring in Kicker Competition

And goes from there.

Add a new long snapper and safety too.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Settle for someone who had to "save" their job because they managed to do the bare minimum to do just that or go ******* upgrade it?

Hmm lemme ******* think

You people baffle me

Never paas up a chance to get better so you can remain below mediocre.  

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It doesn't help when you have the worst QB sneaker in the NFL.   Goes too high, hgets no leg drive, basically stands up and leans forward.  Next year, Derrick Heny goes through the line for 5 yards.😉

I’ve seen Love’s calves. He’s a lot of things but he ain’t no pile driver.  He and the line need to figure that one out for those gotta have it situations. Dillion would drive me crazy not grinding those out but he did improve as the season stretched on. No telling how much he could have helped the cause tonight. 

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

It doesn't help when you have the worst QB sneaker in the NFL.   Goes too high, hgets no leg drive, basically stands up and leans forward.  Next year, Derrick Heny goes through the line for 5 yards.😉

We have a history of having problems converting 3rd or 4th down and less than 2 yards running the ball. We seem to be unable to drive opposing defensive lines off the line of scrimmage between the guards. Our "Tush Push" was not great all year. Something for our offensive line to work on this offseason and into training camp for next year. We should be able to feel confident we can make 4th and a foot.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Correct.  Those defensive plays aided in GB coming up short.  Barry is part of the defensive collective.  Generally it is easier to replace coaches vs players

That's just irrational hatred for Barry showing.    I don't think I can be any more clear in my posts- I'm cool with Barry moving on.  Blaming him for players dropping balls hitting them in the hands?  Irrational and not worth arguing anymore.

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

That's it.    I'm making no statements supporting Barry staying in GB and it's like any positive acknowledgement is going to jinx him staying so it has people up in arms arguing against ghosts.   

The D has played well the last few weeks.    Barry can move on now.    Those two statements are not mutually exclusive

The defense played better the last frw weeks.   Previous low bar establisked.  Are you confident it was Barry leading that or MLF needing to be more involved in the defensive planning during the week?