2023 NFC Championship: 3) Detroit Lions @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC?

• Detroit Lions
    • San Francisco 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 11:40 PM

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

This game has left me emotionally drained of dopamine. I wasn’t even really watching it like that. I need a nap. What a weird feeling game… 

It was definitely a ride.

Which was nice, after the earlier game.  During which i actually sorta did have a nap.  Lay down to watch it and was fighting hard not to just completely doze off.  Didn't entirely succeed in staving that off for a few minutes here and there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jameson_Neat said:

The play is there to be made and the player botched it.  How is that any different than the K missing a FG? 

So is every pass a QB throws into coverage.  Let my WR make a play.

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

This game has left me emotionally drained of dopamine. I wasn’t even really watching it like that. I need a nap. What a weird feeling game… 

Its incredible how the 49ers took advantage of every single break, either small or large, that they had in the second half, completely reversing the flow of the game. Probably someone will kill me with this comparison, but it was like many Korea/China teams in League of Legends Worlds that are beaten clearly in the early game by a NA/EMEA team, but somewhat win a team fight in the first Baron Nashor and from then onward fully reverse the match.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BearFromArgentina said:

Its incredible how the 49ers took advantage of every single break, either small or large, that they had in the second half, completely reversing the flow of the game. Probably someone will kill me with this comparison, but it was like many Korea/China teams in League of Legends Worlds that are beaten clearly in the early game by a NA/EMEA team, but somewhat win a team fight in the first Baron Nashor and from then onward fully reverse the match.

That's exactly the comparison Greg Olsen was using

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So is every pass a QB throws into coverage.  Let my WR make a play.

Ah, so it's better situational awareness on the plays we know you should have made but didn't.

Said another way, if they had tried a FG and missed, they definitely should have kept the offense on the field. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Ah, so it's better situational awareness on the plays we know you should have made but didn't.

Said another way, if they had tried a FG and missed, they definitely should have kept the offense on the field. 

Im saying there are times to be aggressive and times to show some restraint.  Im not saying the execution was good or bad.  People say DC is aggressive and that is who he is.  Its fine to be that but their may be some level of situational awareness that could be implemented. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dub_City30 said:

There was a moment where he looking up at the confetti that man is dying for one

He’s super competitive and driven. He’s foaming at the mouth. Like nothing is running on that man’s veins but tiger blood. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Andy Reid has shown the coach he is: an elite coach who wins the SB when he was Patrick Mahomes. He's never been to the SB without a top QB (PM, Prime McNabb). He couldn't do it with Alex Smith over several years, or Prime Vick, or anyone else.

Shanahan has been running circles around other offensive minds since he was in Washington, has made the SB with Jimmy G, has made a QB out of a Mr. Irrelevant and will now go to a SB (and maybe win it) with said Mr. Irrelevant. Also, Shanny's coaching tree is far greater, which is astounding considering that Reid has been coaching for multiple times longer. 

Sorry but it's not close. 

Until The person you just described wins a SB and more specifically doesn't  "Lose two SB" to Andy Reid. 

He is not the best HC in Football.  Especially if Reid wins 3 SB in 5 years. 

You're right, it's not close!

Just now, squire12 said:

Im saying there are times to be aggressive and times to show some restraint.  Im not saying the execution was good or bad.  People say DC is aggressive and that is who he is.  Its fine to be that but their may be some level of situational awareness that could be implemented. 

I think most are saying he's overly aggressive, which would imply going when the numbers say you shouldn't.

Without looking, I'd guess these were both strong go situations. Where does the awareness fit in here outside of knowing the outcome? 

• Like 1

People can second guess Dan Campbell or blame the Detroit receivers, etc., but everybody should also give the 49ers a lot of credit.  They held tough after the half, and did what they had to do to come back.

It's kind of like the Chargers/Jaguars game last year.  Every break went the Chargers way in the first half, and it would have been easy for the Jags to just give up and say "Oh well, we tried."  Like the Niners this year, the Jags scored each time they got the ball, played within themselves, and their defense held the Chargers from scoring for the rest of the game.

In both cases, the result came about because one team did what they had to do and won the game, rather than the other teams "losing it." 

This whole thing has drained me.  The Lions aren't even my team, but I was really wanting them to win.  I don't have anything against the 49ers, but it still feels almost the same as after a Bears playoff loss. 

It's the main reason why I have come to enjoy the draft more than the playoffs, because after the draft, just about every team leaves feeling hopeful.  In the playoffs, it always ends with all but one team's fan base being disappointed.

• Like 4