Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Our scouts had nothing to do with the selection… Leatherwood was a Tom Cable prototype and he told Gruden he wanted him. That simple bro. Gruden and Cable could care less about scouts lmao. They both have enormous egos. 

Did you criticize Cable when he pounded the table for us to draft Koltin Miller? Because Miller was a Cable pick. He actually insisted on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

Did you criticize Cable when he pounded the table for us to draft Koltin Miller? Because Miller was a Cable pick. He actually insisted on it.

Miller actually had some solid tape, but was raw. And he was only 5 picks over-drafted. Leatherwood was 25 picks over-drafted. 

Leatherwood’s tape was full of getting destroyed by athletic speed rushers. That’s not getting corrected at the NFL-level. 

Plus even a Buffon ends up being right sometimes. Not even the dumbest people in the world can be wrong every time. 

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Miller actually had some solid tape, but was raw. And he was only 5 picks over-drafted. Leatherwood was 25 picks over-drafted. 

Leatherwood’s tape was full of getting destroyed by athletic speed rushers. That’s not getting corrected at the NFL-level. 

Plus even a Buffon ends up being right sometimes. Not even the dumbest people in the world can be wrong every time. 

What? Leatherwood was dominant in college bro. You need to go back and watch his tape. He was absolutely fundamental in Alabama's run to the National Championship. Collected the awards to prove it, too. 

Miller had one of the worst rookie seasons I've ever seen from a starting LT. He almost got Carr killed several times. He gave up so many sacks it was a miracle Carr wasn't hospitalized. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Bro, are you really serious? You post your statement and then back it up by online publications? Really? Their OPINION is worth as much as my dog's.

The only source you should be citing is our scouting board. Because that's what matters. The scouts who actually work for the teams that actually doing the draft. Not Mel Kiper rofl.

I’m going to regret this, but I’ll bite. Where are you supposedly getting the Raiders scouting board from? 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

No he wasn’t lol. He was in the 30’s or 40’s every ranking website. Darrisaw was Top 20 everywhere. Leatherwood was an atrocious pick, and that has nothing to do with hindsight. 

It's like he don't even remember the draft when everybody was like wtf.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

What? Leatherwood was dominant in college bro. You need to go back and watch his tape. He was absolutely fundamental in Alabama's run to the National Championship. Collected the awards to prove it, too. 

Miller had one of the worst rookie seasons I've ever seen from a starting LT. He almost got Carr killed several times. He gave up so many sacks it was a miracle Carr wasn't hospitalized. 

lol Miller was brutal for sure. However they bet on his traits dude was/is a sparq freak when he was drafted.

In the year 2024, I never thought we would be re-litigating the fact that Alexander Pleatherwhiff was grossly over-drafted to the point of utter silence from even tye commentary booth, much less with someone arguing he was ranked higher than Christian Darrisaw. 

The person making said argument is definitely the "I'm built different" egg cracking kid moving onto football forums. This is VanS' Josh Dobbs take level bad. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

Its such a disappointment the top 3 QBs are most likely going 1,2,3. There is no reason for any of these teams to pass on Williams, Maye and Daniels. We need something really crazy to happen in order to get into this top 3. Not to mention teams like the Falcons, Vikings, Broncos are all gonna be looking to move up. I'm guessing JJ McCarthy will be the 4th QB. He's got good size, nice arm, can run around and he's only 21, he's the perfect QB to bring in and develop. I could see McVay drooling to draft JJ and let him sit for a year behind Stafford.

AFC is jammed packed with high end QBs we need to get in this mix to even have a shot to make the playoffs. Huge off-season is upon us.

I can't really see now, but maybe the Bears opt to go with Fields, since Eberflus and Poles need to win games, in order to keep their jobs...

Maybe they think that Waldron can work wonders with Fields, just how he did it with Geno Smith...

Then maybe they would be willing to move back and IF we are willing to give up everything we have...

Obvoiously I think it is more likely that we can trade for Fields...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I can't really see now, but maybe the Bears opt to go with Fields, since Eberflus and Poles need to win games, in order to keep their jobs...

Maybe they think that Waldron can work wonders with Fields, just how he did it with Geno Smith...

Then maybe they would be willing to move back and IF we are willing to give up everything we have...

Idk if I want the Raiders to trade up for the first pick at this point. Going from 13 to 1 would cost a heavy toll and I’m not sure any of the guys in this class is worth that. And I’m pounding the table for a QB pretty hard. I just think that some of the other guys are being under valued like Penix and Nix. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

I mean, if I'm the Bears and I want to keep Fields, I would trade out of that #1 spot in an instant and get even MORE first round picks. They would be absolutely loaded for the next 3 years, beyond anything any team has ever been before. There is no non-QB elite #1 can't miss prospect this year (Harrison being the closest but who take a WR at 1). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

So we give up everything to get Daniels, who may or may not bust, and put him behind an O line that will get him killed?

Daniels has elite mobility. He'll get the some protection AOC got, but instead of back pedaling and throwing off his back foot he'll be able to run and bounce around in the pocket to by more time. Similar to Lamar. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of the criticisms of Daniels are the same ones that Lamar had coming out. Either way, if we get Daniels we'll have an exciting product to put out there on the field. I've watched a decent amount of Daniels clips and the dude is easily out running DBs. Have also seen him make amazing throws downfield. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I mean, if I'm the Bears and I want to keep Fields, I would trade out of that #1 spot in an instant and get even MORE first round picks. They would be absolutely loaded for the next 3 years, beyond anything any team has ever been before. There is no non-QB elite #1 can't miss prospect this year (Harrison being the closest but who take a WR at 1). 

If they want to keep Fields and want Marvin Harrison Jr then they can't afford to trade lower than #3. The Cardinals will for sure take MHJ at #4.