2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Planning ahead for Rice's impending suspension.  Would be a solid WR core with Brown, Jones, and Worthy.  And I know Toney is a bust but as a 4th WR he could make a play or two.  If Rice isn't suspended then that would be one of the best WR cores Mahomes has had.  

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 11:10 PM, Louis Friend said:

Lions could use some safety help. 

The main problem I see is that the Lions are primarily looking for depth at S and I am guessing most of the big names remaining wouldn't want to come into that situation.  I would love to add some competition for Kerby and Iffy and if one of them gets benched then so be it but I am guessing guys like Simmons will wait until they see an opening for a starters job after injuries/cuts.  

Also it seems the older former stars who had injury issues are struggling to latch on.  Adams, Thomas, Bakhtiari, etc all could help but likely will have to sign for cheap and hope to bounce back.  

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The main problem I see is that the Lions are primarily looking for depth at S and I am guessing most of the big names remaining wouldn't want to come into that situation.  I would love to add some competition for Kerby and Iffy and if one of them gets benched then so be it but I am guessing guys like Simmons will wait until they see an opening for a starters job after injuries/cuts.  

Also it seems the older former stars who had injury issues are struggling to latch on.  Adams, Thomas, Bakhtiari, etc all could help but likely will have to sign for cheap and hope to bounce back.  

I’m not even worried about big names, I just seriously want depth. Getting Moore back helps, and hopefully Brandon Joseph sees some expanded time. But I don’t want to HAVE to move Branch out of NB. Getting him more S reps is great, but I don’t want to NEED that. 

On 5/9/2024 at 12:46 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Planning ahead for Rice's impending suspension.  Would be a solid WR core with Brown, Jones, and Worthy.  And I know Toney is a bust but as a 4th WR he could make a play or two.  If Rice isn't suspended then that would be one of the best WR cores Mahomes has had.  

He sure can. The only question is, for which team?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Allen Robinson to the Giants probably doesn't move the needle much at all. I don't think they're going to be very good. I'm not a firm believer in Nabers either, but even if he balls out I don't know what the offense will actually be capable of.

Edited by nagahide13

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Allen Robinson to the Giants probably doesn't move the needle much at all. I don't think they're going to be very good. I'm not a firm believer in Nabers either, but even if he balls out I don't know what the offense will actually be capable of.

Right, Robinson is a 30 year receiver who has averaged 350 yards past 3 seasons and signed for the minimum, He’ll likely battle with Isaiah Hodgins for our #5 spot. Neither play special teams so it be an uphill battle for them to make the final roster, but I think Hodgins wins that spot.

4 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Probably. It can't be a lack of talent; he's a very good player.

Also add his age (30), the fact Safeties are paid like RB and not appreciated. It's to be expected.