Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

McDaniels was/is a terrible head coach because he's such an *******. We have no idea how Johnson is going to be as a head coach. We have no idea the situation Johnson might go into as a head coach. I think he was smart enough to know not to go to Washington. I've given him credit for that. 

Detroit falls off the map and Goff regresses, he might not be the shiny object everybody is looking to buy. 

Turning down Washington could be a double-edged sword. You never know what another year may bring for him. 

How Johnson will be as a HC was never the discussion.  The discussion is whether he will be a coveted HC candidate a year from now.  He will.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

McDaniels was with a dynasty. Johnson has to HOPE he can get Jared Goff to keep performing at the same level. 

Let's see Jared Goff or Tom Brady, who should I choose. 

Speaking of LOL! 

McDaniels submarined his first franchise and was a well known ego maniac.

Then he was hired again, and later backed out.

And even those things didn't keep another team from hiring him!

Johnson is going to be just fine.  He's known to be a quality guy and believe me when I tell you this....his star is going to be brighter for returning to an OC job to try to finish what he started.  

It may not make sense to you, but owners are going to love that kind of commitment.  Big time.  The fact that he is doing it with Jared Goff will tell owners that his offense can work without having a superstar under center.  Unlike McDaniels.

LOL X 2 now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

McDaniels has proved to be terrible without Brady as his QB.  You think we'll be saying the same thing about Johnson without Goff?  Or that suddenly a pretty stacked DET offense is going to fall flat?  If you do, then I guess I understand your point.  Otherwise, I don't get it.

Yah, he typed that and didn't understand that he was actually making a point FOR Johnson.  It happens to the best of us. 

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If Mac Donald gets a HC gig I think it’s gonna throw a big wrench in our DC plans. Wilson/Orr could follow or take DC gig in BAL. Then I think the only other current known candidate i like  is Parker who’s probably #3.

this is what everything is waiting on

50 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If Mac Donald gets a HC gig I think it’s gonna throw a big wrench in our DC plans. Wilson/Orr could follow or take DC gig in BAL. Then I think the only other current known candidate i like  is Parker who’s probably #3.

I have to believe one of them would take over in BAL, but don't feel like following MacDonald is as likely.  Would they want to fill a DC role under a HC  (MacDonald) who will be the primary driver of the defense?  It would be like taking an OC role under MLF.  It's fine if that's the only coordinator spot you've been offered, but being in a situation where you are the one calling the shots is a better situation.

As an example, is the DC under Saleh getting any buzz?

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't know that Wilson/Orr will want to fill a DC role under a HC who will be the primary driver of the defense.  It would be like taking an OC role under MLF.  It's fine if that's the only coordinator spot you've been offered, but being in a situation where you are the one calling the shots is a better situation.

As an example, is the DC under Saleh getting any buzz?

It is another step up in prestige/pay.  If the eventual goal is to be a HC or DC, it is a step in the right direction.  

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

It is another step up in prestige/pay.  If the eventual goal is to be a HC or DC, it is a step in the right direction.  

I agree that it would be smart for them to take the spot if they don't have other offers from teams where they would be the main guy.  Being a DC anywhere is a better spot than being a position coach.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Whoever lands with us will get the opportunity to captain their own ship.  Whoever follows McDonald will be under his thumb a bit.  I would think GB would be attractive from that standpoint.  I'd say Orr would follow McDonald, Weaver would take over in Baltimore, and Wilson winds up in a place like GB.