Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Zay needs to grow up, but he’s real good

tbh this team is really close, if they had not turned the ball over 3 times they probably could’ve won it with how the defense was playing. They’re really close, could be as soon as next year they make it back

I think Zay can be a WR1 but would be an elite WR2. Bateman might be done, JK Dobbins is done. Find their replacements

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When Allen loses I literally never see anyone say he's not a top 10 QB, or can't throw, or should be a RB. Didn't see a thread saying "Can the Bills win a Superbowl with Josh Allen?" either.

It's completely different than how people criticize Lamar. Lamar loses and people think he's not good enough. Josh Allen loses and people think his team isn't good enough.

If you can't tell the difference between Allen's arm talent and Lamar's then you should stop watching football.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When Allen loses I literally never see anyone say he's not a top 10 QB, or can't throw, or should be a RB. Didn't see a thread saying "Can the Bills win a Superbowl with Josh Allen?" either.

It's completely different than how people criticize Lamar. Lamar loses and people think he's not good enough. Josh Allen loses and people think his team isn't good enough.

I'm not getting into who is better vs who isn't better.  But Josh Allen-led Bills teams have put up 24 points or more 7 times in 10 playoff games.  Lamar Jackson-led Ravens teams have put up 24 points or more 1 time in 6 playoff games.

It makes sense why people question Lamar Jackson more than they do Josh Allen.  Because for whatever reason, his teams stop scoring in the playoffs.  I'm not saying that falls all on Lamar.  But some of it has to.  

I definitely think Lamar is a top 10 QB. Top 5.  But there is no way I have as much confidence in him turning up in a playoff game like I do Allen.  

Edited by iknowcool

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm not getting into who is better vs who isn't better.  But Josh Allen-led Bills teams have put up 24 points or more 7 times in 10 playoff games.  Lamar Jackson-led Ravens teams have put up 24 points or more 1 time in 6 playoff games.

It makes sense why people question Lamar Jackson more than they do Josh Allen.  Because for whatever reason, his teams stop scoring in the playoffs.  I'm not saying that falls all on Lamar.  But some of it has to.  

I definitely think Lamar is a top 10 QB.  Probably top 5.  But there is no way I have as much confidence in him turning up in a playoff game like I do Allen.  

Some of it definitely does, but yesterday was not a game where the Ravens came in with a great plan and Lamar just faltered. The Ravens came in with the worst gameplan I have ever seen in a playoff game and expected Lamar to throw the ball for 4 quarters on that defense with this group of WR's, while giving Lamar TWO designed run attempts and giving his RB's 6 combined rushing attempts.

It would be totally different if the Ravens were moving the ball, staying balanced and Lamar was killing us with turnovers or mistakes, but that wasn't the case.

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And once to himself 

I just don't know how others can't see his clear limitations as a QB. All he does is throw go's, posts and crossers. Almost no throws that require anticipation. That last two minute drill he didn't throw a single out route or anything near the sideline that wasn't 40+ yards deep.

Edited by StatKing

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I just don't know how others can't see his clear limitations as a QB. All he does is throw go's, posts and crossers. Almost no throws that require anticipation. That last two minute drill he didn't throw a single out route or anything near the sideline that wasn't 40+ yards deep.

If this were true (it's not), Lamar wouldn't have the stats and ratings he had this year while throwing inside the pocket.

Lamar Haters our time is now. 

that boy was trash yesterday big dawg. The fact that you have to blame the OC is crazy. Lamar can do no wrong. When the Ravens win it’s never the OC! it’s all Lamar. Maybe next year idk. A 3rd MVP would Cement him as one of the best to ever do it… There is no defending that performance. Wipe those tears away. @Ray Reed how you doing playboy? Who do you blame for the L the vens took yesterday? 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If this were true (it's not), Lamar wouldn't have the stats and ratings he had this year while throwing inside the pocket.

I really don't care about his stats. I know what my eyes tell me. He struggles in pure passing scenarios. There's a reason he's never came back from a 10 point deficit before and it isn't because the rest of the team sucks.

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Lamar Haters our time is now. 

that boy was trash yesterday big dawg. The fact that you have to blame the OC is crazy. Lamar can do no wrong. When the Ravens win it’s never the OC! it’s all Lamar. Maybe next year idk. A 3rd MVP would Cement him as one of the best to ever do it… There is no defending that performance. Wipe those tears away. @Ray Reed how you doing playboy? Who do you blame for the L the vens took yesterday? 

wwe-shawn.gif

Oh man. Someone sweet chin music Rammy here. This is just sad to watch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I really don't care about his stats. I know what my eyes tell me. He struggles in pure passing scenarios. There's a reason he's never came back from a 10 point deficit before and it isn't because the rest of the team sucks.

lmfao you could have just lead with this and I wouldn't have bothered even responding in the first place.

EDIT: Also, the sheer irony of someone named "StatKing" choosing to ignore stats in favor of the eye test is hilarious.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 3