Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

KC wasn’t called for a single offensive hold all game. Frankly, I don’t believe the outcomes are scripted, but I do believe that there is an agenda to give the Chiefs the benefit of those non calls, especially down the stretch.

The Chiefs have Chris Jones and he never gets called for holding ever. I figure it’s a wash 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They won by 7 points against a Baltimore team that deployed the worst gameplan offensively anyone's ever seen. Like this conversation is pointless I was merely just saying that if they're ranking teams going into next season, it's possible that winning the Superbowl this year doesn't really automatically mean you're the best team next year as well. It meant you were the best team this year.

I just think the Chiefs have a very flawed roster that can be easily improved next year. Bad skill position talent and a rough line. 

The Ravens have had the best roster top to bottom in ‘19 and ‘23 and didn’t do anything with it. Chiefs do more with less and I have a hard time seeing them not being a better version of this years team next year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Why do people keep harping on Shanny’s 10-point lead thing? It’s 2024, teams overcome 10-point deficits all the time lol. Now if he had multiple 28-3 situations then by all means kill him.

Coupled with a 1-30 record down 5 headed into the fourth quarter in his career, it’s reasonable to say he puckers. Can’t have it both ways.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Why do people keep harping on Shanny’s 10-point lead thing? It’s 2024, teams overcome 10-point deficits all the time lol. Now if he had multiple 28-3 situations then by all means kill him.

This 10 point lead was mid 2nd Q.  Much different than 10 point leads in 4th Q

• Like 2

Apparently the chiefs did two weeks of installs discussing their strategy for OT in the post season. They drilled into the players, we’re gonna defer, and then we’re gonna go for two to win.

Niners OTOH did not. Some players said they found out about the OT rules on the Jumbotron at the stadium. Just seems like general confusion on their side and a lot of assumptions that receiving the kick was like the regular season OT. 

• Like 2

I wonder at what point does Kyle potentially lose the locker room. There will be this even bigger cloud over Shanahan, and at some point players might feel it, or buy into the outside skepticism. Especially when playing a team like the Chiefs. Everyone is human after all.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Only one team ends the season happy.  

A lot of talk about firing people every Jan/Feb.  because losers. Because stupid.

But it is a yearly 32 team tournament.  I think people forget that.  

Sports discourse is particularly unhinged because of that. The fact that sports are inherently zero sum is lost on so many people. Add in the very basic math of only 1/32 winning it all in a single elimination bracket makes all the takes even more absurd. People just hate the idea of chance and randomness in anything, thus the narrative train is on full blast. Of course there are plenty of sane takes as well but so many people unironically want the super bowl to be a definitive statement of absolute team quality.

• Like 2