Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Would you say that McVay has always had a better QB than Shanny going back to the Goff days? Or is that way too strong?

I think Stafford is the best of all of them. I don't think that is close, tbh. But I've always been a stafford fan. I was really quite bummed when the niners didn't make that trade. 

I think there's some debate to be made between Goff and Purdy. I think the latter is better against pressure and has more ability to work out of structure, but Goff can legit sling it. 

I really don't know what to do with Jimmy. I mean, clearly now he's the worst of this bunch, but part of me wonders if that's just not a career full of injuries completely derailing him. There were times when he looked just as good as Goff, and it's not like that 2019 offense was stacked with stars, so the fact that the 49ers had a really good offense that year says something about what he was able to do. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Last Super Bowl the Niners routinely triple teamed him, it’s quite the choice to not block him entirely. 

I mean, the triple team didn't work either! Can't fault trying something else! lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really don't know what to do with Jimmy. I mean, clearly now he's the worst of this bunch, but part of me wonders if that's just not a career full of injuries completely derailing him. There were times when he looked just as good as Goff, and it's not like that 2019 offense was stacked with stars, so the fact that the 49ers had a really good offense that year says something about what he was able to do. 

Injuries aside, I don't like chalking 57 games of a guy's career up to being propped up by support because of 6 games of evidence where he was bad playing for the dumpster fire McDaniels Raiders.

Pundits will literally portray Jimmy G as a < top 32 QB when discrediting Purdy's success, but when you mention Beathard or Mullens, it's like "Oh well I mean Jimmy is obviously competent". 

The truth is obv somewhere in the middle (not as good as he was on 49ers and not as bad as he was with Raiders), but I personally think all 3 (Goff, Jimmy, Purdy) have gotten unfair rep during their times in the NFCW.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

That RT was holding a lot too

Both sides. They pretty much let holding go. 

I have to hand it to the 49ers. They may not have brought their A-game--neither team did--but San Fransisco played their hearts out. You could see it on that final drive--they were almost spent. 

They gave it their best shot and ran into a Champion doing what Champions do. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

@Soggusthi how are you feeling today 

haha pretty awesome can't lie

Chiefs won.

FTF greatest episode prolly of all time. 

Might take my kid to a parade on Wednesday.

MVP CMC with a costly fumble.

And Purdy didn't embarrass himself.

Really couldn't have wrote a better script for myself tbh.

Still finding stuff to argue about tho lol

• Like 1

Just now, Towerbridge said:

It was one of the best games of the year and yet I'm seeing many saying it was boring/awful.  I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone

Yeah I don’t get it, it was low scoring sure especially to start but it was a great defensive battle that morphed into an offensive chess match. Really fun to watch and it even went to OT

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah I don’t get it, it was low scoring sure especially to start but it was a great defensive battle that morphed into an offensive chess match. Really fun to watch and it even went to OT

I like college football more that generally has higher scoring, so yeah I don't get it.  They must be hardcore college football fans

49ers fans going through it. Now people are really up in arms about Juice not knowing the overtime rules. 

@Soggust this is what I was talking about in the other thread. When you don't win, everyone freaks out about every little thing. Everything is an indictment on your (in)ability to win. 

Like personally? Do not care one iota that the players don't know the overtime rules lol. It shouldn't be changing what they do on the field, and frankly, i don't care if they spend any time covering the rules in gameplan prep. Shouldn't impact what they are doing on the field....well, except maybe giving an embarrassing premature celebration if the niners would have scored a TD lol 

• Like 2