Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is definitely a window there. JTO's breakdown gives a very clear look at it as well, just confirms what you see at first blush. 

I thought Purdy was mostly fine in this one, hardly the biggest issue...but this is one he just missed. On  the wide, you can see the space and the timing. Its 100% there for an NFL qb. He just doesn't throw it and he's looking. He's made this throw all year, so I don't think it's beyond his skillset. He just seemed shy. 

I will say that his lack of stature really showed up in this game. Not his ability to play the QB, I'm talking specifically about the physical limitations we all know he has. 

Going into the game it was repeated that interior pressure is how you beat Purdy.

Well, the 2 most notable plays were both interior pressures against Purdy and, as we expected, he couldn't deliver with guys in his face.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Going into the game it was repeated that interior pressure is how you beat Purdy.

Well, the 2 most notable plays were both interior pressures against Purdy and, as we expected, he couldn't deliver with guys in his face.

Really showed up in this one. You can see how much he's struggling to see the field in the face of that interior pressure. Some wonky throws (that one where he just threw it short and a few feet in front of an open deebo comes to mind) and some second guessing / slow trigger pulls. Again, nothing egregious, and given the overall pressure faced I thought he was fine.  I just  think that there are some times when his glaring physical limitations really show up, especially when the pocket as a whole is constricting around him

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

TE1 didn't even run a stick lol you watch Kelce on this play he never even turns around, he takes a couple of steps forward then looks up at the jumbotron because he knows the play is over since the CB stuck with him.

Just an awesome play design

True. Just assumed it was a stick since he stopped. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ehhhhh idk...is there a video of him talking about that? How could it have been a shovel play with no shovel action? And Kelce literally didn't even turn around on his "route"

The Peter King interview a few posts up. It's the first topic they talk about. I don't think Kelce was really part of the read, but it was supposed to be a shovel to McKinnon as they thought San Fran would be prepared for the fake motion since we did it last year. But they covered the shovel and Mahomes so Hardman was wide open just like Moore and Toney last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ehhhhh idk...is there a video of him talking about that? How could it have been a shovel play with no shovel action? And Kelce literally didn't even turn around on his "route"

The play is called Tom and Jerry(originally Tom is Kelce and Jerry was CEH according to Mahomes because of the size difference lmao) but they threw in Corndog to disguise the shovel to McKinnon, they figured the Niners would cover the motion because we’d ran the fake motion twice last year to win it against the Eagles. (Side note, they really wanted to get McKinnon a TD too)

But they converged on the shovel, Ward went to Kelce on the switch, and Hardman was wide open. Kelce is a play diagnosing genius, as soon as Ward covered him he knew that was game. Kelce does this a lot, he called the MVS TD earlier in the game in the same fashion lol

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

The Peter King interview a few posts up. It's the first topic they talk about. I don't think Kelce was really part of the read, but it was supposed to be a shovel to McKinnon as they thought San Fran would be prepared for the fake motion since we did it last year. But they covered the shovel and Mahomes so Hardman was wide open just like Moore and Toney last year.

jfc i thought a shovel was a handoff this morning, just ignore me today I'm still recovering from Vegas clearly.

46 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The play is called Tom and Jerry(originally Tom is Kelce and Jerry was CEH according to Mahomes because of the size difference lmao) but they threw in Corndog to disguise the shovel to McKinnon, they figured the Niners would cover the motion because we’d ran the fake motion twice last year to win it against the Eagles. (Side note, they really wanted to get McKinnon a TD too)

But they converged on the shovel, Ward went to Kelce on the switch, and Hardman was wide open. Kelce is a play diagnosing genius, as soon as Ward covered him he knew that was game. Kelce does this a lot, he called the MVS TD earlier in the game in the same fashion lol

I remember King interviewed him last year and Corndog came up; Reid kept talking about how great corndogs are with mustard and King had to get him back on track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

TBF, they said the same thing about Brady. Most QBs don't operate effectively against inside pressure.

Edited by BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

TBF, they said the same thing about Brady. Most QBs don't operate effectively against inside pressure.

saying that a QB struggles with interior pressure is like saying the sky is blue.

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I remember King interviewed him last year and Corndog came up; Reid kept talking about how great corndogs are with mustard and King had to get him back on track.

It’s Corndog, but with a little extra ketchup and mustard on there