Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Apparently he didn't allow a single pressure in pass pro. He did whiff on some key blocks in the run game for sure, and had those nasty penalties. 49ers did gain 70 yards when they rain his way overall. Only 11 yards the opposite side.

Well damn. 

Did not feel like that 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

They could free up like 98 million in cash via restructures if they wanted. 

Aiyuk will have a lower cap number with the extension. Wouldn't be surprised if they extend Ward at a lower number for 24 as well 

Money isn't really an issue. I expect the team and key pieces back

How come I can’t do this in madden? I have to cheat and edit the contracts. 😂.. I just don’t get it. At one point you have to pay the piper. Only teams I recall getting f by the cap was us and the titans when they had to let go of Kearse and others. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

How come I can’t do this in madden? I have to cheat and edit the contracts. 😂.. I just don’t get it. At one point you have to pay the piper. Only teams I recall getting f by the cap was us and the titans when they had to let go of Kearse and others. 

Don't worry, it's coming. I think 2-3 years

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't worry, it's coming. I think 2-3 years

I really doubt it as you guys don’t have dead money and the cap will keep growing. Plus you guys paid good players who aren’t going anywhere. Maybe just Deebo and Hargraves who’s 31. 

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Heart is with KC today. Sick and tired of this **** happening. A day that was probably going to be the best day of a kid’s life turns into the worst. I’d like to say when will this end, but in this country it never will. 

Hearing about this now. Horrible. Just horrible.

8 hours ago, Soggust said:

I think the framing that frustrates me is not "Mahomes played a slightly more conservative brand of football in the playoffs this year".

That I would be fine with. 

To me this is all he's really saying though. Like, his job is to say things in the loudest and most bombastic way possible, so obviously he's going to be a little more gloaty and aggressive in how he describes it. But from the bits I've seen, this is his only point.

Like, the Ravens game, it's not like he could've just easily scored a ton of points and chose not to. But like, if the Ravens had scored TDs on their two turnover drives, and the game is 21-17 when we get the ball with 5ish minutes left in the 4th quarter, we're not going to have a drive that goes run-sack-run-punt. We just aren't. We aren't taking checkdowns to Noah Gray on 3rd and 13. His point is just that he adjusted to the game script. Defense was owning the game, so he took no chances. Had the defense allowed more points, had Baltimore's offense not made those mistakes, he would've opened things up, run around a bit more, taken more shots on maybe some tight windows or anticipation throws. But there was no need for it, so he didn't.

To me it's just highlighting how Mahomes has grown compared to, say, Josh Allen. If you swap the QBs there, I could see Josh Allen scoring more points than Mahomes did 5 times out of 10. I could also see him throwing the game away the other 5. Mahomes responded to the way the game was going and didn't take any chances. And that was how he managed most of the post season this year. To me, that's all he's really saying. Mahomes has shown that he can be Josh Allen, but he's also now showing that he can be Alex Smith. And he can flip that switch mid-game even if need be. Not that Mahomes would've been league MVP had he just felt like it. But that he can play both MVP ball and just don't screw things up ball, depending on what the game script calls for. Versus guys like Allen or guys like Smith that can seem locked in to one or the other.

I also don't really think it matters why the adjustment came. Whether it's because defenses are playing us differently, our WRs suck, or our defense is good. The point remains the same, that he can adjust his play style to the circumstances as needed.

9 hours ago, Soggust said:

I see 2 Turnovers. Pacheco fumbled, which isn't Mahomes altering his play. 

Mahomes did throw a pick 6, but I honestly don't remember the game enough to argue the details. I def don't remember Mahomes playing reckless and throwing the game away on ridiculously tight throws or overaggressive bombs, but it's very possible I am just misremembering. 

Still, Occom's razor seems like our offense was just struggling, as it did all year, and Mahomes just threw a bad pick idk.

Just to clear up this bit, the Pacheco fumble was on a trick play where he was handing the ball off to Mahomes and they botched the exchange. Mahomes tried to pick the ball up instead of just falling on it. It wasn't your standard RB fumble like CMC or Pacheco in the superbowl. The pick six was a risky outside throw that he forced on 1st and 10. Both came because the offense was pressing, IMO. Had either not happened we probably win that game still, because the D was amazing. Had both not happened, we definitely win the game.

We didn't get cute like this and throw risky passes like this in a similar game script like the Baltimore game, and we won a rather modest defensive game as a result. We still struggled to move the ball, but we didn't press and freak out and make the big mistakes out of frustration or impatience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Apparently he didn't allow a single pressure in pass pro. He did whiff on some key blocks in the run game for sure, and had those nasty penalties. 49ers did gain 70 yards when they rain his way overall. Only 11 yards the opposite side.

It’s the life of an OL, you can be good 95% of the time. But you graded harshly on the 5% you don’t. 

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It’s the life of an OL, you can be good 95% of the time. But you graded harshly on the 5% you don’t. 

Bigger issue is that the offensive line is already on the fringe in pass pro. If Williams has a rare bad game, the rest of the line looks even worse. Our main gatekeeper will have lackluster performances from time to time. We need better players to take the edge off.

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think he's talking more about the post season, and I do actually think it has merit.

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Now if he’s saying the whole year, he’s just being hyperbolic to get people like you mad, and it’s obviously worked lmao,that’s how he gets views, clicks and comments

I don't want you waste your guys' day by pulling up clips and arguing the details of each playoff throw, but just to clarify- I didn't really take Nick's point as "only in the playoffs". When we are talking about "what he did this year" and "that's the way you win MVPs and accolades", I think it seems apparent he's referring to the entirety of the year

But it's also possible, I suppose, giving the most generous perspective possible, that he was talking about playoffs but just drawing examples from a larger timeframe or maybe he misspoke or whatever. But given his historical biases, this seems like kind of a reach to me, if I'm being honest.

Timestamped take: