Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

really not seeing how anyone thought this was a great game... i get it went to OT but it was one of the most boring superbowls and felt super long. 

The 2nd half was good. The first half was on pace for Rams/Pats 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

really not seeing how anyone thought this was a great game... i get it went to OT but it was one of the most boring superbowls and felt super long. 

First half was rough. Second half was good. 

Kyle Shanahan’s decision to take the ball for the first possession of overtime in Super Bowl LVIII looks even worse now.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes joined SportsCenter on Monday night and revealed a startling admission that will make San Francisco 49ers fans even more frustrated.

Mahomes said that even if the 49ers had scored a touchdown on their opening overtime drive, San Francisco wouldn’t have gotten the ball back for a third possession. The Chiefs’ plan all along was to try for a two-point conversion, assuming that they would have answered with a touchdown of their own.

Mahomes: “No, we were going for two. I don’t know if Coach Reid wants me telling everybody, but we would’ve went for two for sure.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/13/patrick-mahomes-explains-why-49ers-werent-getting-the-ball-back-in-ot-under-any-circumstances?fbclid=IwAR3nqkBmtlL6ZqVLgUroizGMYHyN_GJCzEeP_UF3FHl5bEMowDI6l5IGRoU

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Kyle Shanahan’s decision to take the ball for the first possession of overtime in Super Bowl LVIII looks even worse now.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes joined SportsCenter on Monday night and revealed a startling admission that will make San Francisco 49ers fans even more frustrated.

Mahomes said that even if the 49ers had scored a touchdown on their opening overtime drive, San Francisco wouldn’t have gotten the ball back for a third possession. The Chiefs’ plan all along was to try for a two-point conversion, assuming that they would have answered with a touchdown of their own.

Mahomes: “No, we were going for two. I don’t know if Coach Reid wants me telling everybody, but we would’ve went for two for sure.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/13/patrick-mahomes-explains-why-49ers-werent-getting-the-ball-back-in-ot-under-any-circumstances?fbclid=IwAR3nqkBmtlL6ZqVLgUroizGMYHyN_GJCzEeP_UF3FHl5bEMowDI6l5IGRoU

That doesn't make him look worse. That's just the game within the game. That is the decision that the second team will always be faced with in that scenario. Go for 2, win / lose, or kick it and rely on the defense to get you the ball back. 

This the primary reason that I would take the ball second though. You have the information, and the opportunity to win it if you want. 

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

We still had people in the thread insisting it was a snoozefest going into OT - and that anyone who liked it must be a 40-year-old who "grew up watching Terry Bradshaw" (lmao)

Tbf, I didn't like it all but I was watching while under the weather. Shockingly didn't fall asleep during the first half. I was begging it didn't make it to OT so I could sleep lol

11 hours ago, eagles18 said:

It was a defensive battle with plenty of turnovers that morphed into an offensive chess match. 

for casuals yeah I could see it being  boring for sure 👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It was a defensive battle with plenty of turnovers that morphed into an offensive chess match. 

for casuals yeah I could see it being  boring for sure 👍

Seriously. The plays that McDuffie was making and the 49ers pass rush for the first part of the game was really good.