The "Just Say Yes" Bowl

HeresAGuy

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

I almost married a girl who looks like Taylor Swift, but she told me I’d have to give up horror movies and most R-rated movies, so I passed.

I'd never advocate marriage.  However tell her what she wants to hear.  Watch your movies when she's not around.  Taylor hot?  Still wouldn't marry her.  But I'd string her along as long as possible.  hee hee hee... 

• Like 2

So Niners having that SB hangover season next year....Eagles had to make wholesale changes at OC and DC this offseason so who knows how they look. Nobody in the NFCS is important, Cowboys are forever frauds, and the Lions gotta sit on that nasty NFCCG choke for months. I'm liking how the NFC is shaping up for next season

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

To be fair, of all the “I was that guy first” claims, your disdain for Kansas City achieves OG primacy. 

Just a local thing.   I moved from Madison to deep Chiefs country when I was 14 or 15.  No matter where I move to, Green Bay is going to be my home town, and the Packers are a very big component to the identity of that town.  I have zero ties to Milwaukee, and while I would rather the Badgers do well than be bad, it isn't really a big deal to me. 

But when you have people telling you that Elvis Grbac is better than Brett Favre and actually believe it, you start to build a distain for that group.  I am sure if my family had moved to Maryland, I would hate the Redskins just the same.  I also don't like that they end the National Anthem with: "and the home of the, Chiefs!" I think it is distasteful and white trash to do that.  See also, Dave hates the St. Louis Blues.  But as for the current Chiefs, I am kind of sick of them, but I do like MVS.

31 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yep. He's a step up from Jimmy G at least, but outside of having some nice mobility, I'm not sure what standout trait he has for the position.

If he wasn't in SF he doesn't even sniff a SB appearance.

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

So Niners having that SB hangover season next year....Eagles had to make wholesale changes at OC and DC this offseason so who knows how they look. Nobody in the NFCS is important, Cowboys are forever frauds, and the Lions gotta sit on that nasty NFCCG choke for months. I'm liking how the NFC is shaping up for next season

We are in the thick of it.  Can't discount the Cowboys, 49ers, or Lions. And as much as I hate it, the Bears are looking pretty formidable from where they are standing at the moment.  NFCN looks like it is going to be a gauntlet very soon. 

47 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yep. He's a step up from Jimmy G at least, but outside of having some nice mobility, I'm not sure what standout trait he has for the position.

I seriously don't think so. The thing is I feel like Shanahan lost the last SB because he was too conservative, and this time he lost it because he was too aggressive. At the end of regulation just get in 12 personnel and run it down their throats. Part of the problem might have been that getting a McCaffrey might at the end of the day be a slight problem, because you need 2 decent Rb's to finish a game like that. 

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Lions are also going to start to feel the pinch of the inverse draft order. In 3yr (‘21,22,23), they had as much capital as a perennial wildcard team will have in 7.5-8 drafts. 

& they’re going to start having to re-sign guys. St.Brown, Mcneill, Melifonwu all are entering the final year of their rookie contracts. & they’ll have to save space for Sewell.