Raiders DON'T hire Kliff Kingsbury as OC

I'm oK with this. 

Am I sold from day 1? Nope. 

But I'm totally cool giving it 2 years at least. .

Interviewing him and Chip is interesting. I would've been cool with either. I think Chip as an OC would be far better than Chip as a HC. Maybe Kliff is the same. 

The only thing I take issue with him from Arizona is that he was tied to Modern Warfare Murray at the hip from the moment he was hired- so is he capable of identifying legit NFL talent and tailoring his offense or does he want to keep trying to superimpose a college offense into the NFL? One could work- I don't hate his schemes or playcalling for the most part- while the other would likely flop. 

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

There’s 3 QBs in this draft that fit perfectly into his scheme. Caleb/Jayden and Nix. There is 1 QB who could be available in a trade. And 1 QB in FA in Mayfield 

Time to go get your QB

I’d add JMc too 

I'm on board with this hire. Was worried it was going to be Getsy.

Feel Kingsbury will be a better play caller now that he's without the head coaching responsibilities, and I'm glad we hired an OC that actually has experience in developing a number of QBs. 

• Like 1

Just seems like a good college playcaller. Mahomes skyrocketed when he got better coaching. Guys like Manziel and Mayfield struggled right away in the league. His doesn't really fit that physical punishing (running) game that's been promised. 

Could do worse but that seems to be the theme with all the personnel hires so far.

33 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Just seems like a good college playcaller. Mahomes skyrocketed when he got better coaching. Guys like Manziel and Mayfield struggled right away in the league. His doesn't really fit that physical punishing (running) game that's been promised. 

Could do worse but that seems to be the theme with all the personnel hires so far.

61390ea59d01a6090d53a22adca68c36_normal.

The Cardinals were top 10 in rushing attempts and rushing yards in two of four seasons. He runs the ball.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

AOC is most definitely not a fit. It will be interesting seeing how this plays out a QB.

We definitely need to go get a QB. 

Kliff obviously has ties to Caleb and AP has ties to Jayden Daniels. 

• Like 1

The most important part of this is that Kingsbury is not a "smash mouth" OC like Getsy is. He likes to throw and spread things out and he certainly can design some plays. You want a tough, disciplined defense and an explosive offense. This shows that AP is willing to adapt and listen. If he can recruit some players in FA and have a good draft with Champ/Telesco and co, I will start being really really optimistic.

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

I'm not going to pretend this has any sort of validity... But I keep seeing people thinking the following trade happens:

Raiders get:

1st overall

Bears get:

Jakobi Meyers

Michael Mayer

13th overall

Other picks

I’d do 13, 77, 2025 1st and 3rd + Jakobi and Mayer for #1 and CB Kyler Gordon.. Grab Caleb #1, sign Dalton Schultz to replace Mayer and bring in a FA receiver to replace Meyers. Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Marquise Brown are all FA’s.. I think we’d still have 7 other 2024 picks, use 44 for BPA and add depth on both lines. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’d do 13, 77, 2025 1st and 3rd + Jakobi and Mayer for #1 and CB Kyler Gordon.. Grab Caleb #1, sign Dalton Schultz to replace Mayer and bring in a FA receiver to replace Meyers. Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Marquise Brown are all FA’s.. I think we’d still have 7 other 2024 picks, use 44 for BPA and add depth on both lines. 

I like it.