Week 15 GameDay Thread: Titans (8-5) vs. 49ers (3-10)

KingTitan

Just now, TitanLegend said:

If that is true, not sure if Mularkey should tell him to shut up and run the play he wants, or trust in his QB to run the play the QB wants.

I just saw that. I wonder if it's true. Would never put it beyond Mariota to have him twist him not speaking against the call into him asking for it to shoulder some of the blame himself. If so, that's almost more disappointing. Marcus is a nice guy, but he needs to crave to have the football in his hands with the game on the line.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I just saw that. I wonder if it's true. Would never put it beyond Mariota to have him twist him not speaking against the call into him asking for it to shoulder some of the blame himself. If so, that's almost more disappointing. Marcus is a nice guy, but he needs to crave to have the football in his hands with the game on the line.

I mean I keep going back to the play works if Murray doesn't run right in to his blockers and we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now, whether it's Mularkey who called it, Robiskie who called it or Mariota who called it.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I mean I keep going back to the play works if Murray doesn't run right in to his blockers and we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now, whether it's Mularkey who called it, Robiskie who called it or Mariota who called it.

There is that. But, I'm pretty sure Murray ran exactly where the hole was supposed to be, and didn't see the lane. Which has been a pretty common theme this season. Relying on a back that has shown almost no ability to create yardage when I play isn't blocked properly is just such a bad call. Especially when Mariota had been in rhythm for the last 2+ quarters.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

There is that. But, I'm pretty sure Murray ran exactly where the hole was supposed to be, and didn't see the lane. Which has been a pretty common theme this season. Relying on a back that has shown almost no ability to create yardage when I play isn't blocked properly is just such a bad call. Especially when Mariota had been in rhythm for the last 2+ quarters.

Murray had played pretty well all game, so I dunno.

Sucks regardless. Now we have to beat at least one of the Rams or Jags to make the playoffs. We're 9-3 vs winning teams the last two years so that's the last strand of hope I'm holding on to, but I imagine we'll probably blow it somehow.

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hey....I had a two game winning streak lol before our west coast swing..lol

Nobody else was doing it!  :) 
It was Thursday so I did it.

If it’s Thursday and nobody has done it then leave it alone! We’re a battered fan base right now it’s part of our process! xD

Seriously though I’m really just kind of over the whole team right now. If there’s any way for us to disappoint and blow a season we always find a way to do it. I hate to be “that guy” but my battered fan syndrome is kicking in something serious after this game today. There’s a lot of different things I’d like to address from the game today, but I really don’t feel like I have the energy to get into it right now.

I guess I’m just sick and tired of being sick and tired lol. I’m hoping for whole sale changes to the coaching staff at the end of the year, because 8-8/9-7 is the ceiling with this staff.

Anyways, I’ll try to post more in depth opinions of the game tomorrow when I don’t feel this old familiar feeling of Titans heartbreak rearing its ugly head. Until then... Dilly Dilly.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/12/17/titans-report-card-marcus-mariota-passing-offense-snap-life-but-cant-finish-49-ers/954619001/

The Titans failed to get going early, and trailed 16-3 before the offense snapped to life when it went no-huddle late in the second quarter. Mariota calls the plays in that situation.

Is this real? Because God I hope that the first spark we've seen from the offense in weeks came when the calls were taken out of Robiskie's hands and left up to Marcus to call what he's comfortable with.

2 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

If it’s Thursday and nobody has done it then leave it alone! We’re a battered fan base right now it’s part of our process! xD

Seriously though I’m really just kind of over the whole team right now. If there’s any way for us to disappoint and blow a season we always find a way to do it. I hate to be “that guy” but my battered fan syndrome is kicking in something serious after this game today. There’s a lot of different things I’d like to address from the game today, but I really don’t feel like I have the energy to get into it right now.

I guess I’m just sick and tired of being sick and tired lol. I’m hoping for whole sale changes to the coaching staff at the end of the year, because 8-8/9-7 is the ceiling with this staff.

Anyways, I’ll try to post more in depth opinions of the game tomorrow when I don’t feel this old familiar feeling of Titans heartbreak rearing its ugly head. Until then... Dilly Dilly.

Yeah, I think close to a decade of this has finally taken a toll on me. I've said it before, but this has been one of my least enjoyable season in a long time.

We've seen the Colts go from Manning straight to Luck and still be a playoff team. We've seen the Texans go from QB to QB and still win the division. Now we see the Jags, who've been as bad as us for just about as long, build a potential defensive monster into the playoffs. Meanwhile, we're still stuck in that same 8-8/9-7 range, that we've been in for years. It's tiring.

I just feel resigned to the team at this point, which is disheartening.

Got home from the WWE and still no news of them opening up the emergency exit door and pushing Robiskie out

I thought the people predicting to lose out we’re just negative pessimis but turns out they actually know what they are talking about 

I want to make the playoffs but if missing the playoffs gets Mularkey and CO. Fired I’m almost for that instead. You always want to make the playoffs over anything else but I want all the 3 major coaches gone for sure I had enough 

my worry is no matter what happens Mularkey is safe and he is like Munchak and doesn’t fire his friends 

15 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Got home from the WWE and still no news of them opening up the emergency exit door and pushing Robiskie out

I thought the people predicting to lose out we’re just negative pessimis but turns out they actually know what they are talking about 

I want to make the playoffs but if missing the playoffs gets Mularkey and CO. Fired I’m almost for that instead. You always want to make the playoffs over anything else but I want all the 3 major coaches gone for sure I had enough 

my worry is no matter what happens Mularkey is safe and he is like Munchak and doesn’t fire his friends 

He fired the special teams coach last season, who was his friend in the middle of the season ??‍♂️

Archived