Week 15 GameDay Thread: Titans (8-5) vs. 49ers (3-10)

KingTitan

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

lol this isn’t even the first or second time we’ve done that. different game, same trash.

The thing is, in some games I could almost defend it because Marcus has had some real rough games. But he was playing smart and safe football. Running there represents a complete loser's mentality.

Just now, titans0021 said:

The thing is, in some games I could almost defend it because Marcus has had some real rough games. But he was playing smart and safe football. Running there represents a complete loser's mentality.

we hired a coaching staff full of losers. shouldn’t have been surprised at what we got.

7 minutes ago, quiller said:

Personally I think you had a number of calls I would have been okay....     spread out.. toss to Murray wide... spread out Henry up the middle.. spread out.. have Marcus roll out weak side..   either way the play wasn't blocked well at all...

I’m not running any tosses to Murray he has lost a step he can’t get on the edge 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Overly cautious and scared.  Given how we were passing in the 2nd half and down the stretch, I didn't see anything that should have made the worry. 

An easy roll out or one read play.... see it or throw it away type quick hit. 

Same plays Jimmy G was throwing all day.  He had a good game too. Credit to Jimmy. He didn't hesitate and knew where to go all day. 

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In the end, we chose to put our season in the hands of a washed up running back and beat up secondary instead letting our young quarterback decide our fate. Above everything. Else that has happened, that moment will stand as my breaking point.

Pretty much.  And Mularkey is a soft, play not to lose coach.  He’s always been this way.  

45 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Yeah sorry but I wont route against my team, ever. I will never say "we need to lose because I don't like a coach". F**k that.

I never said that. I was rooting for us to win.

But if we are going to lose games that any playoff contender would win, might as well look for the sliver of hope.

I think the saddest thing, for me at least, is that I wasn't even all that mad when I watched Gould's kick go straight through the middle. Just completely and totally disgusted. It's how I've spent all season. Trying to be optimistic, trying to give Mularkey the benefit of the doubt, but in the back of my mind, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Arguably the three most important games of Mularkey's tenure here have been the last two weeks and the Jags game on Christmas Eve last season. And he's failed to have the team ready for any of them.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And lol. Mariota's willingness to take responsibility for every one else's mistakes every time is almost incredible.

If that is true, not sure if Mularkey should tell him to shut up and run the play he wants, or trust in his QB to run the play the QB wants.

Archived