Kyle Shanahan

notthatbluestuff

I saw this stat and it’s crazy. To be on this list and not have one Superbowl win forget two Superbowl wins is insane to think about for the Niners. It’s not just Kyle bc Jim Harbaugh couldn’t deliver a title to the Niners as well.

Highest playoff win pct over last 25 seasons

Patriots*    .689
Rams*        .650
Broncos*   .636
Ravens*     .593
Bucs*         .588  
Giants*      .588
49ers+       .571
Steelers*    .552

*have multiple Super Bowl wins
+have not won a single Super Bowl in this timeframe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I have a serious question. Do you think Kyle’s mental health is taking a toll rn? Because I honestly don’t think this team will feel it. They haven’t felt the last 3-4! Everyone is in their prime.. Kyle has faced everything, injuries, no Qb and no star RB!

but now he has everything. Is there a way they regress? I see them getting better as a team. But how’s Kyle health’s doing? Guy looks like he’s aged 30 years in the last 7.

kyle-shanahan-mandy-shanahan-1-b383016ec

Screenshot-2203-e1663619236919-832x447.j

Seems like a mentally strong dude. He can always quit like Vermeil did.

Anyway, team won't get better unless they have a knockout draft. Greenlaw might never be the same. All of "stars" are nearly 30, and the cap will get tighter. Kyle most likely doesn't have a team this good again.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Brock was fine tonight. I certainly am not going to come away from this game and have a lower opinion of Brock. It wasn't always pretty, a little stuttering, but that dude got hit 11 times and took 1 sack. I'm willing to bet the pressure numbers are pretty rough for the 49ers. I haven't seen them yet, but I will bet that he was under fire quite a bit. He did miss a couple of big throws, but overall I don't really have major issues with his specific performance. 

Keeping the negative plays away was a good job. 

I thought Purdy crushed it when getting pressured?  Is that not the case?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:
6 hours ago, Forge said:

Brock was fine tonight. I certainly am not going to come away from this game and have a lower opinion of Brock. It wasn't always pretty, a little stuttering, but that dude got hit 11 times and took 1 sack. I'm willing to bet the pressure numbers are pretty rough for the 49ers. I haven't seen them yet, but I will bet that he was under fire quite a bit. He did miss a couple of big throws, but overall I don't really have major issues with his specific performance. 

Keeping the negative plays away was a good job. 

I thought Purdy crushed it when getting pressured?  Is that not the case?

My takeaway was that this 49ers OL got overwhelmed - Trent Williams is supposed to be the best LT in football and it seemed like he was getting manhandled at each point of attack. His feet were getting tangled, he'd overreach and lose balance and always find himself on the ground somehow.

Father Time chose a very inconvenient moment to start messing with Williams.

Just now, ET80 said:

My takeaway was that this 49ers OL got overwhelmed - Trent Williams is supposed to be the best LT in football and it seemed like he was getting manhandled at each point of attack. His feet were getting tangled, he'd overreach and lose balance and always find himself on the ground somehow.

Difference in GB/ Detroit D vs KC.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Difference in GB/ Detroit D vs KC.  

I think we're all conditioned to think KC as offensive oriented, but that KC front seven was active in getting to the ball and very decisive on misdirection. 

Mahomes can't do what he does if San Francisco runs away with it early - and that front seven held that 49ers O in check.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I saw this stat and it’s crazy. To be on this list and not have one Superbowl win forget two Superbowl wins is insane to think about for the Niners. It’s not just Kyle bc Jim Harbaugh couldn’t deliver a title to the Niners as well.

Highest playoff win pct over last 25 seasons

Patriots*    .689
Rams*        .650
Broncos*   .636
Ravens*     .593
Bucs*         .588  
Giants*      .588
49ers+       .571
Steelers*    .552

*have multiple Super Bowl wins
+have not won a single Super Bowl in this timeframe

they're reminding me of the 70s Vikings

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Williams got blown up by Mike Pennel a couple times for sure.

This'll be like the third post season I've tried to tell people we can stop the run when we want to. Sometimes they just don't really care about it. When Spags thinks it's the other team's identity, he'll make it happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Williams got blown up by Mike Pennel a couple times for sure.

This'll be like the third post season I've tried to tell people we can stop the run when we want to. Sometimes they just don't really care about it. When Spags thinks it's the other team's identity, he'll make it happen.

KC defense is legit.  Sneed and McDuffie were fantastic.  DL and LB were solid in run D and limiting the key SF pass catchers/ generating pressure.  

Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk combined for 8 rec, 86 yards on 20 targets

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

KC defense is legit.  Sneed and McDuffie were fantastic.  DL and LB were solid in run D and limiting the key SF pass catchers/ generating pressure.  

Yeah. They were blanketed all game and the Chiefs had plenty of big boy pass defenses. It wasn't merely a case of Purdy missing wide open guys due to pressure or something.

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It helped that the zebras swallowed the whistle for the most part. There was nasty holding on both sides. Legit 2000s football.