2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Juice's versatility is going to be hard to replace.  It wouldn't be a terrible idea to throw assets at it.  I am fond of looking at the positions as they exist within Shanny's scheme.  It's been almost ten years now, we all kinda know what his basic positions are and it is a little different than regular offenses.  Fluidity between running and play action are what's most important. 

Swiss army knife guy is hard to find.  I'm not optimistic, but I haven't watched the draft guys yet.  

Pairing Purdy with good route runners is the basic strategy I would use.  If we can do that without giving up YAC skills, then it would be even better. 

• Like 1

Ariks Dad 

Also note as to why Arik hasn't been cut as of yet.

The post June 1 does not help a team become salary cap compliant in any possible way. We already discussed that the cap savings don't occur until June 2nd, but you also have to keep the player on the roster through the first day of free agency. He can be released once the new league year begins but before that date he has to be on the 90 man roster. To be eligible he can not have his contract altered once the prior regular season ends. That is to prevent a team from artificially lowering the carry cost of the contract from March through June 1.

Per otc https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-post-june-1-designation

• Like 2

Deebo switching to Number 1. I was pretty confident this was going to happen when no one on our team picked up that number before the season. 

I think they can change for free if they give a years heads up. Pretty sure Dalvin Cook stuck with 33 for an extra season for that reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John232 said:

lol this has to be highly incentivized jfc

"upto" is they key word here 

EG Kendrick Bourne signed for 3 years, upto 33M. Just read on NFL Gen its actually 3/19.5, which is a huge difference. 

Edited by 49ersfan

Juice gets extended, lowering his cap hit this year I assume.

Way too valuable a guy to lose w/o a capable replacement in house imo.

Glad we got this done and out the way.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3