2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

22 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Wait, there's a dude called Dontay Corleone in this draft? Incredible. 

You'll pass.  Just like some dude named sauce you passed on two years ago from the same tiny school

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same. I think when you watch him it's very clear. 

He's an absolute monster. He and Cedric Gray are the best LB's in the class and it's not close. The dropoff after those two is....to say alarming is an understatement.

I don't love that Payton Wilson will be a 24 year old coming into the NFL, but that's not really a DQ factor for me.

I don't love that Cedric Gray is a mediocre athlete, but his processing and ability to play tackle to tackle is elite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I would take lewis all day every day.   Dudes been a good te for years and still blocks well..

The problem is Lewis is in many ways an outlier. As this chart shows, TE is a position that seemingly demands high athleticism to make an impact (second to Dline IMO).

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I suspect "the DBs are smaller than you thought" is a phenomenon that affects the draft community more than it does actual NFL teams.

Agreed. I think having good size is seen much more of as a plus rather than lack of size being a huge negative.

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

The problem is Lewis is in many ways an outlier. As this chart shows, TE is a position that seemingly demands high athleticism to make an impact (second to Dline IMO).

Lewis might not have the fastest but back in the times he was drafted he was considered pretty athletic.  You don't need to be Uber athletic to be a good te.   Block good and be a possession target.