2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

8 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

1. How do you believe something like this?

2. Why would you say this publicly?

3 Why would you say this publicly at essentially your job interview?

Ehhh whatever. Idc how dumb these guys are so long as they stay out of trouble and can play the game. 

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I actually think his stock had dropped. He's like 20 lbs lighter than I thought he'd be. Only like 230. So yeah he had a 4.64, but also he's tiny. And only had a 32" vertical. Less explosion than I thought he'd have and MUCH smaller.

Yeah, 230 is light I didn’t clock that. He was expected to test out as a poor athlete, it’s not how he wins. Dude is incredibly skilled with his hands and wins that way, so I’m not really concerned about his explosion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, 230 is light I didn’t clock that. He was expected to test out as a poor athlete, it’s not how he wins. Dude is incredibly skilled with his hands and wins that way, so I’m not really concerned about his explosion.

Wait, he’s 259…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Ehhh whatever. Idc how dumb these guys are so long as they stay out of trouble and can play the game. 

Being dumb definitely keeps ppl out of trouble, right?  Besides, even if a CFB player can’t figure out elementary school science, an NFL playbook is easy peasy lemon squeezey to learn. 

• Like 2

Mekhi Wingo was athletically the smoothest guy out there I feel in terms of his ability to run and change direction.  If put in the right system he could be a monster and during the season he was hell to block, Florida State had no shot against him week 1 but Wingo did get hurt which slowed his season a bit, only played 8 games, with a full year he would be a 1st rounder but someone will steal him in the 2nd.  

Murphy II was super impressive as well, both a bit undersized but have power and twitch inside.  Braden Fiske super impressive as well and with a great showing at the Senior Bowl also should make him a lock 2nd rounder.

Maason Smith looked the part but is not nearly as twitchy as some of the other guys, built like a house but does not have the same bend or burst.  Still decent developmental player.  

Really wish Newton could have performed with the DTs to see what he can do since he is considered the best of the group, but a few promising looking athletes that is for sure and Sweat was solid for a dude 366.  Darius Robinson disappointed a bit, I thought he would run better than that but I guess he is 285 still, curious where he will end up in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Mekhi Wingo was athletically the smoothest guy out there I feel in terms of his ability to run and change direction.  If put in the right system he could be a monster and during the season he was hell to block, Florida State had no shot against him week 1 but Wingo did get hurt which slowed his season a bit, only played 8 games, with a full year he would be a 1st rounder but someone will steal him in the 2nd.  

Murphy II was super impressive as well, both a bit undersized but have power and twitch inside.  Braden Fiske super impressive as well and with a great showing at the Senior Bowl also should make him a lock 2nd rounder.

Maason Smith looked the part but is not nearly as twitchy as some of the other guys, built like a house but does not have the same bend or burst.  Still decent developmental player.  

Really wish Newton could have performed with the DTs to see what he can do since he is considered the best of the group, but a few promising looking athletes that is for sure and Sweat was solid for a dude 366.  Darius Robinson disappointed a bit, I thought he would run better than that but I guess he is 285 still, curious where he will end up in the NFL.  

Did Sweat do any drills or did he just do the weigh-in?