2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Did you hear about the Te from Illinois who said power lines recharge Pidgeons

For context, the "Birds aren't real" thing is a satirical conspiracy theory intended to poke fun at the leaps of logic that people who believe in actual conspiracy theories go through.  It's this generation's version of Pastafarianism- it's a sign the kid is weird,  and possibly too online, but not a sign the kid is an idiot.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Dude is a freakish athlete - just wonder how those T-Rex arms will affect his stock

It's probably more that he'll miss an opportunity to jump up with those arms.  I don't think he is gonna drop, but he's gonna stay firmly beneath the top 3 guys.  Maason Smith's measurements are pretty fantastic, so he may move up.

Performance in the drills and events is probably more important anyway.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's probably more that he'll miss an opportunity to jump up with those arms.  I don't think he is gonna drop, but he's gonna stay firmly beneath the top 3 guys.  Maason Smith's measurements are pretty fantastic, so he may move up.

Performance in the drills and events is probably more important anyway.

I had him as a 3rd rounder who could likely jump into that high 2nd round and go right after Murphy and Newton with a great combine - I think you're right, he's likely going to stay in the 3rd round range

All the graphics say "Jer'zhan Newton" and all the announcers say "Johnny Newton" is this actually "he prefers the nickname" sort of thing, or is it just "people struggle with Jer'zhan"? 

Like it's not unusual when football players go by a nickname, but we're not seeing "Ga'Quincy McKinstry" anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

All the graphics say "Jer'zhan Newton" and all the announcers say "Johnny Newton" is this actually "he prefers the nickname" sort of thing, or is it just "people struggle with Jer'zhan"? 

Like it's not unusual when football players go by a nickname, but we're not seeing "Ga'Quincy McKinstry" anywhere.

I've been wondering about that one myself.