2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Thought DL was Thursday 

Yeah.  They are.  With LBers.  Which makes sense because there are gonna be a bunch on "tweeners" and DE/OLB crossover and "conversion drills".

OL basically gets their own day.  With the Kickers to really wrap things up with a bang.

Edited by Tugboat

Just now, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  They are.  With LBers.  Which makes sense because there are gonna be a bunch on "tweeners" and crossover and "conversion drills".

OL basically gets their own day.  With the Kickers to really wrap things up with a bang.

You are correct.  Ol and ST on Sunday.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, Tugboat said:

Wouldn't surprise me tbh.  He doesn't look very big to me.  Not sure it really matters.  He's still far and away TE1 in this kind of weak class at the position.  I don't think anybody is looking at him as high in the draft as he's likely to go, to be a real "grinder" who spends all his time blocking and digging in the trenches.  He's just a big WR who can play a bit of a TE role here and there.  That's the skillset he'll be drafted for, and in that...his height hasn't really seemed to hinder him much, and doubtful an inch here or there does much to his NFL fortunes either.

He's clearly under 6'3" and in no way should go in the top 17 picks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Curious to see how Blake Corum does in the workouts. Pretty sure he’s my number 1 RB for this class. Should have a great rookie season with the Chargers.

The RB class is pretty crap. I think you can make a pretty good argument for a lot of guys as the top RB.

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

The RB class is pretty crap. I think you can make a pretty good argument for a lot of guys as the top RB.

Certainly not as good as last years especially from a depth standpoint, but I do think Corum will be a top tier RB in the NFL. Intrigued by Wright and Benson as well. 

Edited by tyler735

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The top of the class is crap. I do like a lot of the depth at the late day 2, day three spots. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Certainly not as good as last years especially from a depth standpoint, but I do think Corum will be a top tier RB in the NFL. Intrigued by Benson as well.

I think I have Irving at the top myself, but yeah, Benson is up there, as is Corum. I have seen a couple of small school guys near the top too.

I do agree there is good talent in the class at the bottom. I think Jaylen Wright, Jase McClellan, and Cody Schrader are all good late round options. And that’s just the SEC.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I dont think a RB goes in the first 2 rounds, but I think we see a run in rounds 3 and 4 with a number of guys who contribute early.

That's more or less my feeling on it too. A lot of RB FA options too, so teams won't need to reach. 

35 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I dont think a RB goes in the first 2 rounds, but I think we see a run in rounds 3 and 4 with a number of guys who contribute early.

I think we'll see a run on day two somewhere, nobody is gonna want to be that first team though haha