2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its funny to see a Corum discussion pop up in the combine thread because he's one of the players who's stock can be most effected this weekend based on his numbers and medicals.

There was a strategy in this. Wanted to call my shot on Corum before the combine for this reason lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I keep seeing people lazily compare Will Shipley to Christian McCaffrey. So frustrating when Will Shipley is clearly a mixture between Peyton Hillis and Toby Gerhart.

In all seriousness though, I do think there is a role for Shipley in the NFL. Maybe not as a feature back, but I think he could be a Jerrick Mckinnon type player that can be an asset when used correctly.

C'mon man, it's right there in front of you!

He's Julian Edelman, but try to make him a RB.  😆

In all seriousness though...kinda sorta stand by that.  I'd agree that Jerrick McKinnon type thing is likely going to be his NFL role if he's going to pan out.  I think if the right team gets ahold of him, he can be an interesting weapon as a HB/SlotWR combo with ST value added.  You watch him working routes out of the backfield and the precision there, along with the obvious "shake 'n bake" darting quickness and feel for space and letting lanes develop that he has, i don't think it's a outlandish to think he could just be developed as a sort of RB3/WR3 type player with a lot of roster value that way.

• Like 1

I don't need to see Newton run a 40 or do a 3-cone to know he's my DT1 no matter what. I like Byron Murphy too, but he could run a 4.6 and I'd still have Newton ahead of him.

Kinda feel the same way about Cooper DeJean. He's my CB1 as long as my medical staff is all clear him. Arnold, Wiggins, and Quinyon are battling to be my CB2 this week.

Tyler Nubin is interesting.

Trevin Wallace will probably make himself some money this week.

Payton Wilson better put up 30 reps with those T-Rex stubs of his.

Bralen Trice is guy I wanna see run/jump, and do all the field drills.

Would like to see Troy Franklin weigh 185+ and Adonai get up to 200, give or take a couple lbs.

Jalen Coker is an interesting one. Was cooking people like Malik Washington at the shrine bowl before he got hurt on like day 2 or 3 of practices, iirc. 

Bucky Irving weighing 200 would be nice. So would Marshawn Lloyd hitting 4.49 or faster.

Want to see Mason McCormick and Christian Haynes at OG. Beebe too. Dylan McMahon is one of those later round guys I like. Hope he has a solid week.

Zach Frazier hopefully will be 100%. Love when OL also excel at wrestling. JPJ is a freak, but Frazier is a quality C prospect himself.

Tyler Guyton gonna continue to make himself money and maybe even end up being the 3rd OT off the board.

• Like 2

In a couple days Jaylen Wright is going to have a massive amount of hype after the show he puts on at the combine. When all is said and done I could see his ceiling being a 2nd round pick. Combo of elite explosiveness, great contact balance, and solid size will make him a hot commodity come draft day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who's the most successful NFL edge rusher with his body type?  Ngakoue?  Lot of teams would take a younger-cheaper version of that.

If you can guarantee me that he's Yannick Ngakoue, I would agree with you.