2024 Combine Talk

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

They just haven't updated the graphics?  How long could that take?

Very long.  Have you ever seen bureaucracy?

There are forms that have to be filled out.  In triplicate.  Processed.  Sent to Texas for review.  Stamped and approved, then sent back for third party review for quality assurance.  Then back to Texas with notes.  Then back through third party again.  Then sent to the actual department in charge of those graphics.  Where it has to bounce around and percolate down through about fiddy levels of management before it gets to the guy who is literally just sitting there at the keyboard like..."it would take me five seconds to change this in the database which would update immediately to the chyron and everything".

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

Chop fortifying his stock which had been slipping lately.

It really shouldn’t. On tape, he’s a guy that just wins by being really athletic. He’s showing that he is, in fact, really athletic.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It really shouldn’t. On tape, he’s a guy that just wins by being really athletic. He’s showing that he is, in fact, really athletic.

So what's the difference between Chop and Rashan Gary as prospects?

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Latu testing out as a decent athlete is big for him

Is it though?  I feel like big for him would've been testing out as a "more than decent" athlete.  Decent is kind of how he looks on tape, which is where i don't really like him much.  He feels like a...less athletic Micah or something.  I think he's gonna need to be schemed into most of his sacks/pressures at the next level.  If you've got a plan for it, cool.  But i'm not sure "decent athlete" gets him to where i'd want to be scheming up around him like freaky Micah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Latu testing out as a decent athlete is big for him

I actually think his stock had dropped. He's like 20 lbs lighter than I thought he'd be. Only like 230. So yeah he had a 4.64, but also he's tiny. And only had a 32" vertical. Less explosion than I thought he'd have and MUCH smaller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

So what's the difference between Chop and Rashan Gary as prospects?

Like 20+ lbs of pure power.  And deployment where Gary was used as...well, not a premium pure pass rusher and asked to spend half his day playing "contain".  Where Chop was basically the opposite.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

Like 20+ lbs of pure power.  And deployment where Gary was used as...well, not a premium pure pass rusher and asked to spend half his day playing "contain".  Where Chop was basically the opposite.

Glad we align on Latu.

• Like 1