Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley (3 years, $37.75M, $26M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Lol.... Barkley is a 1000x better running back than Pollard and Swift hence why he was paid more. Pittman just got 23 mill (I know he's a WR but it still is unreasonable to me to pay a position way more just because it is a position)...  It's not unreasonable to pay a RB 13 mill a year when he is a top of the line caliber player at that position who is a true home run threat any time he gets the ball. Plus Barkley can pick up a blitz and catch the ball

Barkley kinda looks like he's declined as a reciever. Has too many doinks right off his mitts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

He's not CMC but he's absolutely a major threat in the backfield especially with a competent OC who knows how to utilize the HB in the pass-game

As I've said before, he's solid with the check down but don't expect him to be effective lining up as a receiver or anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Barkley kinda looks like he's declined as a reciever. Has too many doinks right off his mitts. 

People have said since he was a prospect that he runs good routes. He never has in his entire NFL career, so if he does it in Philly, it will be the first time. 

Look, he's a finishing piece at this point, and you're banking on him staying healthy and getting back to that early career Saquon to be worth the money.

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

He's not CMC but he's absolutely a major threat in the backfield especially with a competent OC who knows how to utilize the HB in the pass-game

Anyone comparing Saquon to CMC as a reciever is silly. Not in the same state, let alone zip code in the catching/routes department. 

8 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Pittman just got 23 mill (I know he's a WR but it still is unreasonable to me to pay a position way more just because it is a position)

Hard to argue here, strong point

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I was way more devastated when the Eagles signed Steve Smith and Kenny Phillips. Either I've grown up or I'm just not as passionate about Giants football anymore 😂

I was way more devastated when we traded OBJ. I stopped posting here for like a year. This is probably tied for the 2nd worst since then though with the Eagles signing Bradberry 2 years ago. I knew it was coming, and it still hurts, but this is for the best. Saquon is more valuable to any team with a good OL than us. Bradberry maybe even hurt a little more because he would have still be great and super valuable for us. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

I was way more devastated when we traded OBJ. I stopped posting here for like a year. This is probably tied for the 2nd worst since then though with the Eagles signing Bradberry 2 years ago. I knew it was coming, and it still hurts, but this is for the best. Saquon is more valuable to any team with a good OL than us. Bradberry maybe even hurt a little more because he would have still be great and super valuable for us. 

You could have traded Dexter Lawrence, so... at least you got that going for you. 

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Gettleman would've given Barkley $50M.

• Like 1