Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley (3 years, $37.75M, $26M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Have to disagree with Jeff. 22% higher is significantly more. 

But is $2 mil going to make or break a team's season? 22% seems a lot higher than just 2 mil that typically goes towards backups anyways.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But is $2 mil going to make or break a team's season? 22% seems a lot higher than just 2 mil that typically goes towards backups anyways.

Not the point. 22% increase is a sizable increase. If a 2024 Chevy Silverado is 22% more than a 2023, I'll take the 2023.

If 5 Guys is 22% more than The Habit, I'm eating at the Habit.

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I was way more devastated when the Eagles signed Steve Smith and Kenny Phillips. Either I've grown up or I'm just not as passionate about Giants football anymore 😂

Probably good for the mental health to do that after the last decade or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not the point. 22% increase is a sizable increase. If a 2024 Chevy Silverado is 22% more than a 2023, I'll take the 2023.

If 5 Guys is 22% more than The Habit, I'm eating at the Habit.

That is the point. If a burger spot being 2 dollars more dictates where you eat, then perhaps you are focused on the wrong thing. Quality > saving a couple dollars (NFL cap, millions) difference.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That is the point. If a burger spot being 2 dollars more dictates where you eat, then perhaps you are focused on the wrong thing. Quality > saving a couple dollars (NFL cap, millions) difference.

but there's no real difference in quality. Just price.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Feels like a big overpay, but I could see Barkley having a huge year in Philadelphia.

Yeah money aside, should be a big year for him if he is healthy. Should be able to top previous yearly highs.

• Like 1

Fascinating signing.  Certainly seems like a situation where we'll really get a chance to see just how much juice Barkley actually has left.  Should put him in a position to succeed if he's still "got it".