Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley (3 years, $37.75M, $26M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Probably. Rumors are he wants $17 million a year though, which, for a safety... oof.

Yeah, I was hoping to get him more for the 12-14 million range.

It seems like contracts in general are a bit bigger than I expected, but maybe that's due to the big spike the cap took this year.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I was hoping to get him more for the 12-14 million range.

It seems like contracts in general are a bit bigger than I expected, but maybe that's due to the big spike the cap took this year.

If he would have accepted 12-14 million a year, he'd be a Giant right now. That was the Giants offer. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

If he would have accepted 12-14 million a year, he'd be a Giant right now. That was the Giants offer. 

Yeah true. I saw somewhere he said he wanted to stay a Giant, but that's usually what guys say.

Not sure he'll get that 17 million, but I guess we'll see. 

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

Giants fans should actually be happy... They'll get a comp pick for this and now the Eagles are paying a bad contract to a RB 

We'll feel better once we get out of our feels. He was the only reason to watch the Giants for a good 3-4 years and is an awesome guy, so that's tough to take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

We'll feel better once we get out of our feels. He was the only reason to watch the Giants for a good 3-4 years and is an awesome guy, so that's tough to take. 

Giants will get their revenge with signing Boston Scott.

I'm not sure what RBs are getting paid today really constitute "bad contracts" TBH.  Like Gabe Davis got 3/39 today and Saquon got 3/37.75.  Would you really rather have Gabe Davis than Saquon Barkley on your roster, just from a team building perspective, given that they cost about the same.

This mostly just seems like teams committing a medium amount of money to exploit a market inefficiency.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If this was at similar money to the Pollard/Swift deals I'd be happy, but at this price point he literally has to be elite to make it worth it. I just don't think his health will hold up for that to be the case so I doubt this one ends well.

Lol.... Barkley is a 1000x better running back than Pollard and Swift hence why he was paid more. Pittman just got 23 mill (I know he's a WR but it still is unreasonable to me to pay a position way more just because it is a position)...  It's not unreasonable to pay a RB 13 mill a year when he is a top of the line caliber player at that position who is a true home run threat any time he gets the ball. Plus Barkley can pick up a blitz and catch the ball

Edited by Wentz you dog you