Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

To anyone who has a better memory than me....

Did we ever attempt to trade for Josh Jacobs once upon a time? perhaps attempting to include him in the Davante Adams trade?

No .. Darren Waller's name came up during that point in time.  Apparently had a deal lined up for him at one point, but it fell thru. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No .. Darren Waller's name came up during that point in time.  Apparently had a deal lined up for him at one point, but it fell thru. 

Specifically it fell through because it was technically against NFL rules in order to trade a franchise tagged player who has not signed his tender for a player under contract.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Raiders offense did this man no favors. Here's what he can do.

damn that adjustment tho

i was gonna say, he looked smooth as hell receiving in the few chance he had on wheel routes and creative stuff w/ the Raiders, but didn't see much of it.

This is cool

• Like 3

I do wonder how much of the Jacobs signing is motivated by his talent and how much is motivated by the Packers wanting to correct their inability to draft and develop a successor to Aaron Jones (who was a good player, beloved by all, and likely a Packer HoFer, but the expiration date for RBs is well-known.)  Like the AJ Dillon pick was clearly a big swing to try to get a star RB, but it turned out that he was not Derrick Henry.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I do wonder how much of the Jacobs signing is motivated by his talent and how much is motivated by the Packers wanting to correct their inability to draft and develop a successor to Aaron Jones (who was a good player, beloved by all, and likely a Packer HoFer, but the expiration date for RBs is well-known.)  Like the AJ Dillon pick was clearly a big swing to try to get a star RB, but it turned out that he was not Derrick Henry.

Josh Jacobs is 3mo older than AJ Dillon. Just imagine this as "Jacobs is what we hoped Dillon would be, so let's give him the money we were hoping Dillon would be worth"

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Inability to replace jones because they “missed” on one notable draft pick”?

I don’t know if I’d look at RB and note GBs inability there over the years. They have had pretty good success at drafting (and developing) RBs since the Wolf tree has been around basically. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Paying a 26 year old RB who averaged  3.5 yards a carry 12 million a year makes me want to throw up. Just lighting money on fire.

Just like thinking Jordan Love wasn't worth crap .. give this guy a chance for 1 year and see if he turns out like Love.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Josh Jacobs is 3mo older than AJ Dillon. Just imagine this as "Jacobs is what we hoped Dillon would be, so let's give him the money we were hoping Dillon would be worth"

It was always Gute's plan to sign Dillon to a similar contract had he hit on the pick.  The money is just going to a different player.

• Like 2