Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He's a better version of Dillon but he ain't no Aaron Jones.  Not really a fan of the signing.  Of course wasn't a fan of signing Charles Woodson either.  So there's that.  Need to supplement him in the draft.  Need a slasher like Jones with some speed.  Keep Jacobs fresh and rotate RB's might turn out OK.  Gonna miss Jones not going to lie.  Don't think Jacobs is as good or dynamic.  

Dillon isn't in the same zip code as Jacobs. Now if I had the choice between paying $12m to a 26 year old Jones or Jacobs I'd probably pick Jones, but that's not the choice here. 

We can't ignore Jones is about to be 30 and has some durability issues. Those factors typically don't mix.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

Sources to 
@DMRussini

The Packers wanted Aaron Jones to take at least a 50% pay cut entering the final year of his deal. After being released, Jones is drawing interest from — you guessed it — the Minnesota Vikings.

It seems like MN is often caught dumpster diving behind 1265.  😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It seems like MN is often caught dumpster diving behind 1265.  😉

I hate them so much. 

I'll feel pretty betrayed if Jonesy picks them....go play for the Cowboys or Texans pls

(or even better, come back on a new deal with us) 

Jacobs has nice body control, decent power, sufficient speed to hit a hole. Might not break a bunch of long ones but much quicker to start and stop than dillon. 

Would love pairing bucky irvin with jacobs. 

The thing being overlooked here is the packers know WAY more about how jones' knee looks than us. He may be on the first train to arthritisville and we just have no idea. 

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

He may be on the first train to arthritisville and we just have no idea. 

I mean the Packers are strong believers in "it's better to get rid of a guy one year too early, than one year too late" and most of the time when they've made this sort of call (Sitton, Daniels, etc.) they were eventually proven right.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap - 

Aaron Jones original 2024 cap hit: $17.58M

Aaron Jones 2024 dead cap hit: $12.36M
Josh Jacobs new 2024 cap hit: $5.31M

Their combined moves are more expensive over keeping Jones. This wasn't about cap savings as some suggest, it's all about the cash for the expected production.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

sorry but he is.  He really really is

They don’t even play the same position dude. Moss can run the ball. Jacobs can run/block/catch. It’s like comparing a puzzle to a Rubik’s cube.

• Like 5