Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Very well could've been wrong since Rapaport isn't infallible and an hour later Jones wasn't a Packer anymore. 

I would like to sign a veteran RB to a cheap deal to be the back-up and then draft a RB to break into the league as the 3rd RB. I'm still not ruling out bring AJD back on a cheap deal. 

Appreciate the back and forth with yah.  I can be wrong too, as I'm just reading tea leaves over here.

For sure I feel like we should bargain shop in the FA scrap heap for a back up RB.  Could be before or after the draft, but yeah, we need to draft another one.  If we get our right "one" in the draft, then that need pushes down the list.  

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Post draft if he’s still out there and we have a hole to fill, it’s a no brainer. I don’t know if we will before that considering we could bring in a more dynamic young guy. 

I mean...the guy's the Mayor of Door County? How can he serve if he's on another team in a different state? :)

Just now, vegas492 said:

Appreciate the back and forth with yah.  I can be wrong too, as I'm just reading tea leaves over here.

For sure I feel like we should bargain shop in the FA scrap heap for a back up RB.  Could be before or after the draft, but yeah, we need to draft another one.  If we get our right "one" in the draft, then that need pushes down the list.  

I think AJD would be a fine back-up for us if we draft a dynamic RB prospect like Benson, Shipley, Guerendo, etc. Wouldn't need them to fill in right away but if they emerge, their upside supplants AJD quickly. We have a bellcow back now too so it's no more a matter of splitting carries. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's fine

I'd actually like to see what he could do with the o-line after it is "gelling" and established.

Last year it looked like that line got better when Dillon was injured.  

While some may feel it was cause and effect with Jones getting healthy and taking carries, I feel like it was more than just Jones being Jones.

I still have use for Dillon, but it is post draft.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'd actually like to see what he could do with the o-line after it is "gelling" and established.

While some may feel it was cause and effect with Jones getting healthy and taking carries, I feel like it was more than just Jones being Jones.

He had a down year last year but the man is still a 4 YPC back for his career and he's a great pass blocking back. There's use for the man.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's what I was thinking earlier. In a kinda-sorta way - if we can get the numbers right - wouldnt he be a fine backup? There may be more dynamic guys available - thats for sure - but he knows the system well and we know what we have with him.

Adding a RB that averaged 3.5 ypc last year and re-signing his backup that averaged 3.4 ypc?  Can we just add Rich Eisen as our #3?

(Just in jest - Jacobs is more explosive than his 3.5ypc would suggest and he's avg 4.8 and 4.9 in previous seasons.  Good signing.  Dillon, though is just a plodder.  Great man, time to move on please)

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Over Dillon's last 6 games, coinciding with our improved line play, he averaged 3.16 ypc over 75 carries.    Take away one 17 yard run vs KC and he averaged 2.97ypc over 74 carries behind our improved line.     

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think AJD would be a fine back-up for us if we draft a dynamic RB prospect like Benson, Shipley, Guerendo, etc. Wouldn't need them to fill in right away but if they emerge, their upside supplants AJD quickly. We have a bellcow back now too so it's no more a matter of splitting carries. 

I know it’s just company line, but they are saying they like Wilson. He did a few decent things, will know the play book and is young and cheap. I don’t know if they keep more than 3 RBs on the 53. JJ, Wilson and a rookie would be my guess but could also be 2 rookies. 

Just now, Refugee said:

I know it’s just company line, but they are saying they like Wilson. He did a few decent things, will know the play book and is young and cheap. I don’t know if they keep more than 3 RBs on the 53. JJ, Wilson and a rookie would be my guess but could also be 2 rookies. 

Stevie Wonder has better vision than Wilson does. Dillon is 10x the back. Really hope he's nothing more than a PS/emergency RB option.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Stevie Wonder has better vision than Wilson does. Dillon is 10x the back. Really hope he's nothing more than a PS/emergency RB option.

We have to draft someone.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

_75308770_wonder_getty.jpg

Dont hate on my RB 1 

Edited by Toddfather

11 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Over Dillon's last 6 games, coinciding with our improved line play, he averaged 3.16 ypc over 75 carries.    Take away one 17 yard run vs KC and he averaged 2.97ypc over 74 carries behind our improved line.     

Cherry pick much?  IIRC he also had a broken hand?   Dillon has a role on this team at the right price. That role would include some of Deguras vacated snaps. Keep Love upright!

Edited by Dubz41