Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think you even need to read that hard between those lines.  It is pretty clear.

If I can cover my butt a little, let's just say that their feelings about their current situations are very clear, the "...now GB is a well run organization!" remains unsaid. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

If I can cover my butt a little, let's just say that their feelings about their current situations are very clear, the "...now GB is a well run organization!" remains unsaid. 

They may remain unsaid, but man, they have certainly been implied, at least by Adams.

And?  Sometimes things are so true that they do not need to be said, they are just known.  (And that's me putting on my Green and Gold glasses.)

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm curious to know if he spoke with Adams about playing in Green Bay....

.... Adams and Rogers both seemed to be done with playing in Green Bay, and I feel like if you read between the lines they both realized they left a well-run organization for train wrecks

Seems Adams had a choice though.  They drafted Rodgers' replacement.  He knew he was gone sooner or later.  He always said that he wanted to be the QB for the Green Bay Packers.  They offered Adams a contract, he declined, wanted to go closer to home.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Seems Adams had a choice though.  They drafted Rodgers' replacement.  He knew he was gone sooner or later.  He always said that he wanted to be the QB for the Green Bay Packers.  They offered Adams a contract, he declined, wanted to go closer to home.  

I secretly believe that Adams doesn't really like Aaron Rodgers even though he publicly says the opposite, but that's just my own little conspiracy theory 😀

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

I secretly believe that Adams doesn't really like Aaron Rodgers even though he publicly says the opposite, but that's just my own little conspiracy theory 😀

Likes catching passes from Aaron, I think he likes those. Is he tired of listening to Aaron, probably as most people who have had much more limited time with him are too

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

I kinda believe this as well. 

When Adams went to Oakland the #1 explanation was, "I just really wanted to play with my old QB/Friend Carr"

We also have a whole bunch of pictures from various Rodgers events. The usuals are always there, Cobb, Bakhtiari, etc. Adams wasn't really ever in those. 

• Like 4

On 3/12/2024 at 8:33 AM, beekay414 said:

Sure, considering Wilson's on the active roster and Dillon isn't. Just hope that the plan is not for Wilson to be anywhere near the 3 deep. 

I sit corrected.

Good interview. Seems like a positive guy and someone who wants to work and earn a position on the team. He got a laugh out of being one of the old guys on the offense but was excited to be with this young group coming of age with what should be stability at QB. Said our real HC Coach Bissacia was part of the reason he chose GB amongst the many teams that were courting him. Glad he’s here and I hope he can showcase some of his talents in season and especially in the playoffs. 

I wonder if this is a big time shift away from running outside zone.

I think outside zone is clearly the OL's best play.  For sure it plays to the strengths of Zach Tom.  Jenkins can run it well, and whoever we have at LT should be good at it based on how we prefer our OL physically.

it was Jones' best play.

I'm not sure that it plays into Jacobs' strong suits though, and re-signing Dillon makes you think they won't be running it all that often since he is god awful at it.

Edited by skibrett15