The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

Glad that Ford made it to us.  We like his combination of coverage skills and size.  Titans have an athlete who can be used as a thumper in Kenneth Murray, and we're not gonna pretend he's been great, but the projected starter across from him is Jack Gibbens, who would likely be the least athletic starting LB in the NFL.  Ford isn't super fast, and could be a better tackler, but I really liked his tape in 22, and he was still a plus coverage LB this year.  And he's big enough that I think tackling improving isn't much of a question.

• Like 2

EASTERN TIME
  Team Genenal Manager Round Pick Overall Date Start Time End Time
OTC DEN @BowserBroncos 5 12 147 March 28 6:40 PM 7:20 PM

Next 5 up LV @NYRaider 5 13 148 March 28 7:20 PM 8:00 PM
  CIN @sparky151 5 14 149 March 28 8:00 PM 8:40 PM
  NO @whodatOL 5 15 150 March 28 8:40 PM 9:20 PM
  DEN @BowserBroncos 5 16 151 March 28 9:20 PM 10:00 PM
  KC @RedGold / @TedLavie 5 17 152 March 28 10:00 PM 10:00 AM

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Man, Reiman is way lower than that on the consensus board.  Had our eyes on him for 182 for that blocking.

Reiman has a good 10-yard split, and other good measurables for his size. He's a project, but I think he has promise. He was my highest rated remaining TE on my board.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Just to be sure before I make the pick at 147.

Someone interest on trading up?

That was an amazing catch Holker made at the combine.

Titans draft so far:

1.7. Joe Alt: Day 1 starting left tackle; best player in the draft at our biggest position of need.  Hard to get better than that.
2.47. Xavier Legette: WR3 with great size and speed, so could become our true No. 1 eventually.  Titans will be in need of WRs again next year when Hopkins is gone.
3.76. Mekhi Wingo: Super quick, smaller DL, who will be a good complement in rotation to our other starters, who are both big DTs; helps make our DL rotation respectable
4. 146. Jaylan Ford: Starting LB who can be our coverage LB

Fixed our biggest hole, and strengthened three position groups quite a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That was an amazing catch Holker made at the combine.

Was my last TE that I want to draft. Was debating going with other guys now, but If I miss out on Holker I'd pass TE completely for the rest of this draft and I'm not a big fan of our TE room right now.

Broncos draft so far:

1.6 - J.J. McCarthy: My favorite QB behind Caleb Williams and likely the best fit on Sean Payton's offense.
4.117 - Luke McCaffrey: Legacy pick, will add to a WR that is kinda full now with Josh Reynolds.
5.145 - Drake Nugent: Likely starting center and already knows the QB
5.147 - Dallin Holker: TE is an important position in Sean Payton's offense and we need better pass catching TEs

All likely to see good amount of snaps coming their way.

Bengals so far:

1 Amarius Mims. Long term successor to Trent Brown

2 Ja'Tavion Sanders. We're going to stop redoing the TE room annually

3a DeVontez Walker. Inconsistent hands but he's a deep threat with decent size and potential Higgins replacement

3b Kris Abrams-Draine undersized but ballhawking CB to replace Awuzie

4 McKinnley Jackson. Big DT joins the committee to replace Reader. 

5 Audric Estime Power back who plays faster than he timed at the combine. 

The Bears are all out of picks...draft went pretty much so to plan...

1.1...QB...Caleb Williams...USC - best QB prospect over the last few years and adds a potential superstar to the roster.

1.9...EDGE...Dallas Turner...Alabama - best pass rusher in this years draft IMO and an excellent compliment to to what we already have on the edge.

3.75...C...Sedrick Van Pran...Georgia - our Centre play was dreadful last year...with vet depth now Van Pran can sit for a year and develop into a long term starter in front of Caleb.

4.105...WR...Malik Washington...Virginia - almost took him at #75 that's how much I like this kid...explosive and tough with the ball in hand he is an excellent first in Shane Waldron's offence.

4.110...UT...Maason Smith...LSU - Gervon Dexter looked really good towards the end of last year but we lack depth behind him...Smith shares a lot of the same skill set and upside.

4.122...LT...Javon Foster...Missouri...one of the last guys on the board who can play LT in the pros...Foster is battle tested in the SEC and added great depth at one of the most valuable positions in football...especially with a rookie QB.

Thanks for running this @MikeT14 - great job all round 👏

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

I glad to pick him, he was the one I've debated when I picked Holker.

I am - unfortunately - waiting for the day when somebody slips up when saying his last name.

I am like 95% sure I don't have a pick today, and pretty sure I have a pick tomorrow. I probably won't be able to make it. My 2 year old son and my wife were hospitalized with pneumonia today and I've just come home for a few minutes to get things for the next hospital. If someone could pick BPA for the Ravens whenever we pick today or tomorrow ideally in CB/RB/OL/WR spots I'd appreciate it. If not you can skip me until I do have time to pick (don't let my clock wind down, just skip or pick for me). Thanks.