The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

27 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yeah I actually kind of like Schrader quite a bit at first glance. His ranking is so low on consensus I almost had to do a re-watch. His hands put him on another level imo. He's a bit inconsistent between the tackles. But overall I think he's a pretty well-rounded and productive SEC back. That's what position coaches are for, especially with 6th round + talents. Improve the reads and contact balance and we might have something here, imo.

The other thing you touched on there, and sorry if I get long-winded, is McMillan's contributions. Chris Ballard is quite the polarizing GM. MANY, and I mean many, Colts fans are constantly trying to throw this guy out the door. Fwiw I'm one of his bigger supporters (doesn't mean I'd do everything the same). And I watched an interview after last season's finish where he emphasized he thought one of the places he came up short was having a backup plan for outside-inside versatility at WR after Ashton Dulin (one of his guys, been around a while) got hurt. For me, enter McMillan. He's no Malik Nabers, but he's also a productive step up from Ashton Dulin IMO. He's one of those guys, at least my breakdown, who doesn't appear to do anything elite on tape (his deep ball-tracking is pretty damn good), but I also can't explain how he gets so open so often, and then makes plays. He's well worth a shot as a 3rd option in the 3rd round IMO. Gives us an option.

Edit: He also had a pretty good RAS, which clearly Ballard is paying attention to. Has the size/speed combo to get attention in mid rounds.

I like McMillan more than Polk myself. I think he’s one of those guys who can be like a WR3 in any scheme and in almost any role.

• Like 2

Pretty happy with how this mock has turned out so far.

1.28 – Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

2.60 – Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech

4.128 – Tommy Eichenberg, LB, Ohio St

4.133 – Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech

5.144 - (Traded pick to HOU for RB Dameon Pierce)

5.160 – Brandon Coleman, G, TCU

5.163 -Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee

6.196 – Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn St

6.200 -Jordan Jefferson, DT, LSU

6.204 – Anthony Gould, WR, Oregon St.

7.248 - TBD

Detroit Lions draft

1- Kool Aid McKinstry CB Alabama 

2- Chris Braswell EDGE Alabama 

3- Kam Kinchens S Miami

3- Jermaine Burton WR Alabama 

5- Jacob Cowing WR Arizona 

6- Frank Gore Jr RB Southern Miss

7- ? 

• Like 1

Bucs are done. I have no idea how we did 🤣🤣

1.  OG Graham Barron Duke

2. CB Max Melton  Rutgers

3. Edge   Isaac Adisa Penn St

3.(oops too late didn't see it Carlton Davis comp trade). LB Malcolm Rodriguez

4.  RB Marshaem Lloyd USC

6.  OT Walter Rouse Oklahoma

7.  S Evan Williams Oregon

Broncos draft so far:

1. J.J. McCarthy - QB - Michigan

4. Luke McCaffrey - WR - Rice

5. Drake Nugent - C - Michigan

5. Dallin Holker - TE - Colorado State

5. Qwan'tez Stiggers - CB - Toronto Argonauts 

6. Brennan Jackson - EDGE - Washington State

6. ???

7. ???

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Bucs are done. I have no idea how we did 🤣🤣

1.  OG Graham Barron Duke

2. CB Max Melton  Rutgers

3. Edge   Isaac Adisa Penn St

3.(oops too late didn't see it Carlton Davis comp trade). LB Malcolm Rodriguez

4.  RB Marshaem Lloyd USC

6.  OT Walter Rouse Oklahoma

7.  S Evan Williams Oregon

kmzBFya.png

• Like 3

Falcons Draft Done

1.Edge Laiatu Latu UCLA
2.WR Ladd McConkey UGA
2.NT T'Vondre Sweat Texas
3.S Calen Bullock USC
3.CB Cam Hart ND
4.QB Spencer Rattler South Carolina
5.C Tanor Bortolini WIsc
6.OT Caedan Wallace Penn State

After a trade back we got someone we Considered at 8 in Latu who we consider the best 3-4 OLB/Edge in draft at moment.In the 2nd we Picked up Ladd McConkey who is a perfect fit into the McVay/Robinson Offense to pair with Drake London and a big Nose tackle for the center of the new 3-4 defense in Sweat.Round 3 the focus went to the defensive backfield adding so Range at the Saftey spot in bullock and some Size and ledership at the CB spot With Hart.

6 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Falcons Draft Done

1.Edge Laiatu Latu UCLA
2.WR Ladd McConkey UGA
2.NT T'Vondre Sweat Texas
3.S Calen Bullock USC
3.CB Cam Hart ND
4.QB Spencer Rattler South Carolina
5.C Tanor Bortolini WIsc
6.OT Caedan Wallace Penn State

After a trade back we got someone we Considered at 8 in Latu who we consider the best 3-4 OLB/Edge in draft at moment.In the 2nd we Picked up Ladd McConkey who is a perfect fit into the McVay/Robinson Offense to pair with Drake London and a big Nose tackle for the center of the new 3-4 defense in Sweat.Round 3 the focus went to the defensive backfield adding so Range at the Saftey spot in bullock and some Size and ledership at the CB spot With Hart.

Sweat & Bortolini were excellent picks IMHO; Sweat would be pretty good as a NT in a 3-4 IMHO

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

Sweat & Bortolini were excellent picks IMHO; Sweat would be pretty good as a NT in a 3-4 IMHO

Not going to lie as a Washington Fan I haven't deep dived into Center prospects since we signed our starting center as a free agent. Was reading a 7 round mock from a guy I follow on twitter from Draft Countdown and saw Bortolini in the 2nd round and was like I hadn't seen him drafted in this mock and took him that day so can't take credit on that one.