Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

All sprains are "partial tears," technically.  It's all a matter of varying degrees of tear.  Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to interpret "tear" and "rupture" (complete tear) as being the same thing.

So in a way it's like a small fracture? Will heal it self with calcium and etc?

I just don't see how a human body could repair a small tear without fully tearing sooner or later..

Also, Donald for DPOY?

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

So in a way it's like a small fracture? Will heal it self with calcium and etc?

I just don't see how a human body could repair a small tear without fully tearing sooner or later..

Also, Donald for DPOY?

He's gotta be. He's dominating a whole different level. Cameron Jordan would be my runner-up

42 minutes ago, Starless said:

If the Niners stopped committing stupid penalties in the red zone, we'd get a better sense for how good he is in that area.

I was going to ask you guys (Pat fans) why do you think Garoppolo is struggling in the red zone. Not just Garoppolo obviously, but something happens to the offense when we get to the red zone. The penalties certainly don't help, but also may not have the personnel to succeed there. 

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

By rule, it was the right call. I don't know what's so confusing about this and hard for some to understand.

I watched it live and every replay. I never saw the ball contact the ground. I did see his right hand under the ball while it bobbled though. So to me, it was a completed catch and a touchdown.  It was also called a touchdown on the field so how exactly was it overturned when the replay doesn't show football touching grass? It's assumed that it hit the ground but it wasn't shown clearly and therefore the call on the field should stand. Apparently some rules have to be followed to the letter of the law while others can be used at the officials discretion. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to ask you guys (Pat fans) why do you think Garoppolo is struggling in the red zone. Not just Garoppolo obviously, but something happens to the offense when we get to the red zone. The penalties certainly don't help, but also may not have the personnel to succeed there. 

I've watched every snap he's taken as a 49er and I think it's a combination of personnel, playcalling and penalties. Timing is also a big factor for red zone success. I saw a few throws on which JG was just a hair late getting rid of the ball on red zone plays that should've gone for TDs. That's something that'll come with experience. But he could also really use a reliable target on the perimeter for throwing back-shoulder fades. I saw him attempt a jump-ball today to Goodwin that Adoree Jackson almost came down with. That probably wasn't the wisest decision, but if the Niners get him a guy who can win those 1-on-1 matchups he'll do a lot better.

I agree with the people who say the rule is bad and that prevented the Steelers touchdown at the end from counting.  Regardless, the Steelers should be proud of themselves today.  They went toe-to-toe with a team that has had their number over the last decade and they lost their MVP candidate for a good chunk of the game.  Everyone in the Steelers locker room feels they should have won the game.  I really like the grit and fight this Steeler team has.

I've watched it several times and his right hand is underneath the ball:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000894690%2FJesse-James-go-ahead-TD-overturned-ruled-incomplete-pass

But to overturn it after it's been called a TD on the field.... come on!

Supposedly you need to have indisputable evidence to overturn, which this isn't.

3 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I watched it live and every replay. I never saw the ball contact the ground. I did see his right hand under the ball while it bobbled though. So to me, it was a completed catch and a touchdown.  It was also called a touchdown on the field so how exactly was it overturned when the replay doesn't show football touching grass? It's assumed that it hit the ground but it wasn't shown clearly and therefore the call on the field should stand. Apparently some rules have to be followed to the letter of the law while others can be used at the officials discretion. 

This is indefensible imo. I hope someone pressures the head of officiating hard on this because you can not defend against this. It was blatantly handled wrong.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree with the people who say the rule is bad and that prevented the Steelers touchdown at the end from counting.  Regardless, the Steelers should be proud of themselves today.  They went toe-to-toe with a team that has had their number over the last decade and they lost their MVP candidate for a good chunk of the game.  Everyone in the Steelers locker room feels they should have won the game.  I really like the grit and fight this Steeler team has.

Yeah, best to put the outcome of the game aside. Though if anything, this will make the Steelers players all the more determined to beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I know this is saying a lot, but this in itself might actually be bigger for them than having won this game and achieving home field advantage would have been.

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

I've watched every snap he's taken as a 49er and I think it's a combination of personnel, playcalling and penalties. Timing is also a big factor for red zone success. I saw a few throws on which JG was just a hair late getting rid of the ball on red zone plays that should've gone for TDs. That's something that'll come with experience. But he could also really use a reliable target on the perimeter for throwing back-shoulder fades. I saw him attempt a jump-ball today to Goodwin that Adoree Jackson almost came down with. That probably wasn't the wisest decision, but if the Niners get him a guy who can win those 1-on-1 matchups he'll do a lot better.

That's my feeling as well. Really lack a red zone target. Goodwin is good enough outside the red zone, but easier to defend in that area. I was hoping Kittle would be the one who emerged as a solid RZ target, but that hasn't happened yet. 

1 minute ago, kramxel said:

I've watched it several times and his right hand is underneath the ball:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000894690%2FJesse-James-go-ahead-TD-overturned-ruled-incomplete-pass

But to overturn it after it's been called a TD on the field.... come on!

Supposedly you need to have indisputable evidence to overturn, which this isn't.

The best and only view of the ball possibly touching the ball occurs at 1:10 of this video and it looks very much to me like his hand was under the ball the whole time. There is never a clear shot of ground touching ball. Ref should be fired for such a blatantly bad call in this situation imo.

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Never hit the ground. That's what counts.

It did hit the ground. A guy can still have one or two fingers under the ball but if he doesn't have it under control then it's not a catch. He's clearly using the ground to trap it here.

Archived