Browns extend Jerry Jeudy (3 / 58 - 41 fully gtd)

Forge

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

could Denver have gotten a comp pick if they let Jeudy walk next year and he gets this deal? What would the comp pick of been?

Probably a 5th, maybe a 4th. Also only applies if Denver doesn’t sign anyone to cancel out his deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Probably doesn't deserve the deal but I think he could break out in CLE.

My thoughts as well. It’s a bad deal right now, but if he has a good year, at his age, that’s a steal. But yeah as of now, not deserved. 

• Like 1

This seems like a ton of money for Jeudy.

The biggest thing though, is that he doesn't seem like one of those players who really has that "dawg" in him to stay self-motivated to be great.  So having all this money locked in...very real potential for him to just completely check out i'd reckon.

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

There was one game I can recall where Jeudy had that dawg and rose to the occasion and thar was the 3 td 125+ yard performance against the chiefs so it is there.

Ehhh...1 time in 4 years?  I think it's more likely that one particular game was a mirage.

On 3/19/2024 at 7:49 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

InB4 being called a homer or excusing this as pure copium, but the separation numbers back this up.

For all of his issues, he DOES get open.

It's been a while since I took a statistics class, but this seems like a pretty weak correlation between their separation and catch point and YAC grade, right?

34 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It's been a while since I took a statistics class, but this seems like a pretty weak correlation between their separation and catch point and YAC grade, right?

Catch point and YAC grades are measured independently on the Y axis, they have nothing to do with the separation grade.

To simplify things as much as possible, the further to the top right of this graph the better.  (Not trying to be condescending, people get confused by these graphs).

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Catch point and YAC grades are measured independently on the Y axis, they have nothing to do with the separation grade.

To simplify things as much as possible, the further to the top right of this graph the better.  (Not trying to be condescending, people get confused by these graphs).

What they're suggesting though, is that there appears to be a very loose correlation between the two axis.  Which, if you're making a chart like that...is generally the point.  To illustrate that correlation between two variables graphically.

Especially when...in the presentation of this chart mapping the two axes...you've got good receivers who are pretty well off what would be the likely trend line on either axis.

It's just a bit of a muddy, murky sort of chart.

For example...Deebo and J'marr Chase as some of the best WRs in the game, are pegged as "below average" separators.  But extremely strong catch point/YAC creators.  Well off the "line of best fit" on average between these two variables...but as good as guys who are much further toward the "top right" quadrant.

Edited by Tugboat

On 3/20/2024 at 10:19 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I legit think I could call the Browns and get at least a one-off $750k out of them for something. They seem to be giving money away l.

I'll bet I could sell them an extended car warranty over the phone.

Or...I could tell them that Watson is in jail and they need to wire me $750k in the next few minutes so that I can get him out.

Either way?  Yeah, easily scammed.

• Like 1