How should Miami handle the Tua situation going forward?

BroncoSojia

42 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Tua is 100% better than any other QB they've had since Marino, let him play it out on the tag in 2025, and maybe 2026 depending on the results. I wanna see multiple playoffs wins and him playing well in the post-season before I'd pay him. Injuries are unpredictable so I'd say a max of 3 seasons of guaranteed money. (150,000,000? maybe 175,000,000-200,000,000 based on injuries/ as a 4th year option if it's a 5 year deal etc.

That's not a very high bar to clear. Doesn't take much to be better than Jay Fiedler or Ryan Tannehill.

1 hour ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

That's not a very high bar to clear. Doesn't take much to be better than Jay Fiedler or Ryan Tannehill.

What about all the Chads and the Fitzdragon?

12 hours ago, Trojan said:

pay him and its an easy choice

Why is it an easy choice. If they strike a deal that averages 50 mil per, by 2025 he'll be pretty expensive and they'll have to give up Waddle or Hill or Armstead or Ramsey. They've already lost talent this offseason, it will get worse if they pay up for Tua. Then what if his production falls off when he loses his LT or a good WR? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So why didn't the Dolphins just draft someone better than Fielder or Tannehill since 00?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Soggust said:

So why didn't the Dolphins just draft someone better than Fielder or Tannehill since 00?

Because they are a bad franchise since Marino and Shula

Edited by CP3MVP

Franchising him in 2025 is going to cost north of $40M against the cap. A $40M-$50M, multi year deal won’t do that. You franchise him next year, you’re still looking at hardly any cap space with Phillips and Waddle looking for deals. 

If I’m Miami, I’m trying to get him on a Daniel Jones+ deal. More dollars, but still only three years and with an out after two. If he refuses and is only looking for a Jalen Hurts deal? I’m hitting him with the tender. 

• Like 1

I’ve never seen someone get more credit for being super mediocre with an elite supporting cast. I legitimately don’t think he’s good and he’s got a massive history injury. I don’t understand the hype personally.

• Like 1

He did lead the league in passing yard last season. Hill was a big chunk of that but he also spread it around. Maybe Brock Purdy could have achieved similar results in the Dolphins scheme but Stidham or AOC or Minshew wouldn't have. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He did lead the league in passing yard last season. Hill was a big chunk of that but he also spread it around. Maybe Brock Purdy could have achieved similar results in the Dolphins scheme but Stidham or AOC or Minshew wouldn't have. 

I believe Tua is who a lot of people believe Brock is; basically a scheme and surrounding talent merchant. However, Brock has shown throughout the regular and post season against good/great defenses that he can make plays out of the structure of the offense.  He played well enough for the 49ers to win that Superbowl. So I don't believe Tua has shown what Brock has shown as of yet.

Edited by BroncoSojia
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Why is it an easy choice. If they strike a deal that averages 50 mil per, by 2025 he'll be pretty expensive and they'll have to give up Waddle or Hill or Armstead or Ramsey. They've already lost talent this offseason, it will get worse if they pay up for Tua. Then what if his production falls off when he loses his LT or a good WR? 

Hill says he's going to retire once his contract is done, and I believe him.

Yea you definitely move on from Armstead and Ramsey at that point. It's not like they'll be young at that point.

They lost talent because guys like Armstead and Ramsey and Hill are expensive. If they trust their own drafting and coaching, they can replace these guys.

You guys are saying Tua is propped up by the system and the talent. Well if you resign him, the system is still there no? And a team has to always trust their own ability to develop talent to replace the current one.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

If you can get multiple first round picks + other notable assets back, it's certainly something to think about

Why would any Organization trade that, knowing a massive contract was also going to be included?

Zero chance of that occurring. Miami is in the same boat Dallas is with Dak and Minnesota "was" with Kirk. QB Purgatory.  

Legit can't afford to move on from a good QB without taking a massive step backwards but have to pay $50M for a QB who folds like a lawn chair come playoffs. 

The Vikings finally saw the light. Miami is basically forced to spend

24' - 5th year option

25' - FTag and 🙏, lightning strikes within the next 2 seasons.

You can not give Tua a long term 200M contract with his injury history. 

8 hours ago, Soko said:

If I’m Miami, I’m trying to get him on a Daniel Jones+ deal. More dollars, but still only three years and with an out after two. If he refuses and is only looking for a Jalen Hurts deal? I’m hitting him with the tender. 

Not a chance that his agent allows him to agree to a deal like that.  None.

• Like 3