Better NFL Prospect: MHJ or Jamar Chase

mdonnelly21

Who do you think is/was a better WR prospect?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is/was a better WR prospect? 

• Jamar Chase
    • Marvin Harrison Jr

I think MHJ is the "better prospect" but i liked Chase more.  If that makes sense.

MHJ is one of the first WR prospects we've seen in that AJ/Julio sort of tier in a long time.  Chase was also great, and the edge in his physicality was a big factor for me.  But he wasn't nearly as polished/refined, and i think that rightfully served as a small ding in his resume as a prospect.

• Like 1

I know I'm going to be in the Minority, but I was bigger on Jamar Chase coming out than I am on MHJ, but it's close. Slight nod to Chase because he's generally more explosive, and I feel like everything else is equal or close to it.

51 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Chase’s draft profile was complete and as clean as it gets. MHJ, while spectacular, leaves a box unchecked by not testing.

Chase is the better prospect. 

Chase...didn't play an entire season leading up to his draft.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Fair enough, but that's a pretty minor blemish compared to everything else.

It's more of a blemish than not testing.

I don't think either player really needed to do any of it, if MHJ had chosen to not play this past season, he'd still be a top 6 draft pick same as Chase.

I just don't get using no testing as a reason to knock a guy when the other guy opted out of an entire season.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It's more of a blemish than not testing.

I don't think either player really needed to do any of it, if MHJ had chosen to not play this past season, he'd still be a top 6 draft pick same as Chase.

I just don't get using no testing as a reason to knock a guy when the other guy opted out of an entire season.

The stripes on the helmet of the team he is a fan of may have something to do with it 

Chase was seen as a number one alpha in the vein of Julio Jones. MHJ is more of an Aj Green type. 

Green went earlier back in the day, but Julio had the better career. I liked Chase more for this reason, can’t coach those freakish traits, but you can coach route running.