Jesse James TD that got called back

SpanosPayYourRent

Did he get a TD?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a TD

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What part are you not getting?

We as fans have no power to change it.    Even if they come out tomorrow and say "they shouldnt have overturned it", its not going to change the outcome of what happened.

You can WANT it to change all you want....but continue to complain about it isnt going to change a thing.

Again, you do what you want.    The team and even fans should focus on the final 2 games at this point.  

I don't want them to overturn the outcome of the game. I want them to fix the stupid catch rule and I want them to discipline the Ref who failed to abide by proper review procedure.

I Still don't see how this is a question at this point. I thought it was a TD until I saw the ball roll around his hand and appear clearly to be partly on the ground (on the replay). That seems pretty clear its not a catch considering it is an attempt at a catch while going to the ground. Barely any control by the receiver upon hitting the ground.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Because it's the cheatriots. 

It can't be the only reason. This is like saying the earth is flat.. Some people lost some sleep over this i bet.

Hell the santonio Holmes catch in the SB was being called a non catch by regular folks.. And that the steelers stole the SB from the Cards because he didn't have his 2 feet down.

Just now, El ramster said:

It can't be the only reason. This is like saying the earth is flat.. Some people lost some sleep over this i bet.

Hell the santonio Holmes catch in the SB was being called a non catch by regular folks.. And that the steelers stole the SB from the Cards because he didn't have his 2 feet down.

I think it's because when people get something in their heads, they're on a personal crusade to be right and to be unable to change their mind, because they are "right". There are some exceptions, like the dude above who said he thought TD easily initially, but changed his mind when saw replays. That kind of objectivity is unfortunately lacking around here for the most part. 

I think some of you are wrestling with the "football move" and the "control the ball through the ground" stipulations of the rule.

Those that say catch say that he had control and then made a football move, the ball broke the plane, making it a TD, and then the subsequent moving of the football/tip hitting the ground.

Those that say no catch see a guy "dive" for the ball/lunge for the ball and movement upon hitting the ground.

The fact is, you'd see the exact opposite if it weren't your team involved.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think some of you are wrestling with the "football move" and the "control the ball through the ground" stipulations of the rule.

Those that say catch say that he had control and then made a football move, the ball broke the plane, making it a TD, and then the subsequent moving of the football/tip hitting the ground.

Those that say no catch see a guy "dive" for the ball/lunge for the ball and movement upon hitting the ground.

But there are dozens of people who hate both teams taking both sides of the argument here.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't know how someone who regularly watches football can see that play and not discern that he is making a football move towards the endzone. 

Just now, Malik said:

I don't know how someone who regularly watches football can see that play and not discern that he is making a football move towards the endzone. 

Every single person KNOWS that he was. The issue is that since he was already going to the ground BEFORE making the football move, some see it as "Well, let's see if he controls the ball through the ground. Oh...it moved by a millimeter after the tip hit the ground. It's incomplete."

Fair or not, that's the way it is.

Archived