2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

Myers has not become an all pro center and we drafted him in the 2nd which means we hoped he could fill fellow Buckeye Linsley’s shoes. That was a pretty high bar since Linsley was solid from day one and then great after that. I think we’ve seen year to year improvement from Myers but not a huge leap. Hopefully another step is taken this year but he has played some solid ball for us and if he gets that big frame pulling out into the open field, he is a handful. 

His biggest knock for me is that he can be inconsistent. It’s been said already but he does have a whiff every now and then. Rookie year, that is expected but he needs to make those few and far between as a veteran lineman. That and Creed Humphrey drafted just after him who is generally kicking *** are the main gripes. Funny thing is, Humphrey had several whiffs when I watched him play in the SB.  They won so it gets washed away but the one game I really focused on him, granted vs. a nasty front, and he did not look great. 

Anyway, Josh is our starting center while he’s here. It would take a lot for someone to move him out of the starting 5 and C is his strongest position. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jason B. Hirschhorn
@by_JBH

The Packers have placed OL Donovan Jennings, TE Tucker Kraft, WR Alex McGough, and OL Zach Tom on the PUP list.

They also placed DB Kitan Oladapo on the non-football injury list.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Jason B. Hirschhorn
@by_JBH

The Packers have placed OL Donovan Jennings, TE Tucker Kraft, WR Alex McGough, and OL Zach Tom on the PUP list.

So, they have to come off PUP before the season starts or they are IR'd for the season? Is that accurate or am I confused? 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, they have to come off PUP before the season starts or they are IR'd for the season? Is that accurate or am I confused? 

You are confused. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If they practice at all, they are off PUP.  If they do not, they have until week 4 or 6 to be removed from the PUP list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

Clock is ticking on getting QB1 under contract before camp. Let’s get it done Gutey!

I'll be actually surprised if it gets done soon.  Agent is probably wants to reset the market.  It isn't going to happen with Love's limited play.  Sample size is too small.  Guessing sometime in the middle of the season a deal will get done.  Love isn't done proving himself if he and his team wants that kind of cash.  Packers will want to make sure he doesn't regress.  Oh and Love won't hold out not worried about that at all.  He'll either take the Packers offer or more likely bet on himself and wait on the deal.   That's just what my gut says.  Training camp is an artificial deadline.  Sure both sides would like it done but guessing they are far apart at the moment. 

22 hours ago, Refugee said:

Clock is ticking on getting QB1 under contract before camp. Let’s get it done Gutey!

Based on that interview the other day and Love's response, I think they're close.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Jason B. Hirschhorn
@by_JBH

Don't remember Jennings missing any of the OTAs or minicamp so that one seems new. Hopefully nothing major because I think he has a chance to stick but he'll need the reps. 

No surprise on Kraft and Tom. I'm guessing Tom is back in the next 2 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft stays on the PUP to start the year. 

That's a pretty short PUP.  Obviously once they start actually practicing, guys will quickly start falling like flies.  But to have only five guys out is really good.  Tom and Kraft, though, those are two really important players.  Sure hope they are progressing, and that they aren't out for super long.  

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, it's objectively easier to finish the deal when he's in the building and available to just go upstairs and sign the contract. 

LOL! We have these things called computers and contracts can be send over the internet. Pretty sure the guy doesn't have to sign it in person any longer. 

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! We have these things called computers and contracts can be send over the internet. Pretty sure the guy doesn't have to sign it in person any longer. 

That's an interesting point.  My gut tells me these guys aren't signing contracts for 200M+ electronically with no witnesses, but I could be wrong.